Would a 2009 computer Pci express work with new graphics card?

Jia Liao

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
So i want to buy a new grapics card and get it up to date with the newer games, so does a 2009 factory made computer with a new PSU 500watt work with an XFX Core Edition R9-270A-CNFC Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card?

Solution
Yeah, 3.0 work in 2.0 etc etc

Just take a look at the specs on that power supply before putting the card in and putting it through it's paces. 500w is more than enough, but if the supply is of poor quality, the wattage means squat : D

Edit:: Also, I'd take a look at the measurements of the card you want and then check to make sure your OEM case has the needed headroom from slot placement to hard drive bays

sammy sung

Distinguished
Yeah, 3.0 work in 2.0 etc etc

Just take a look at the specs on that power supply before putting the card in and putting it through it's paces. 500w is more than enough, but if the supply is of poor quality, the wattage means squat : D

Edit:: Also, I'd take a look at the measurements of the card you want and then check to make sure your OEM case has the needed headroom from slot placement to hard drive bays

Solution