FX-8350 Hyper212Evo Overclocking

Jake Gordon

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Hello,

I am looking to overclock my CPU. I don't know where to start; I've researched for a good 3 hours and haven't found any resources to complete my request so I am reaching out to you. I am unable to overclock using BIOS because I knocked out my CMOS battery while building it, so any BIOS changes will be ineffective. I am looking to overclock using AMD Overdrive.

The main issue I have is I don't know how much voltage and the other settings to change while overclocking to 4.4GHZ/4.5GHZ (I've found many people recommend those speeds). When I set the speed to 4.4GHZ I just estimate the voltage and it crashes. This is most likely because I am missing a piece to the puzzle - a setting or some sort I am not changing.

Could you guys tell me some numbers for the speed (GHZ), voltage and any other settings found in AMD Overdrive?

Computer Specifications:
CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.0GHZ
CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 Evo
MOBO - Asus m5a97 2.0
GPU - GTX 770
Storage - SSD @ HDD (Can't find specific brands)
Case - Define r4

I hope this adequately explains my problem. Any help is appreciated, and feel free to ask for more information if needed.

Thanks!

- Jake

Jake Gordon

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
I've seen others overclock without BIOS and I know it is possible, though not recommended to do it with software. So I do not NEED the battery, but I would like some help overclocking with AMD Overdrive. Could I have some advice considering overclocking via BIOS is not possible?

Jake Gordon

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014

If I was using BIOS in this senario, what would you reccomend for each setting I would have to change?