i5-4690 Cooling options?

Pistons

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
I have heard that some people complained that the stock fan that comes with the i5-4690 is garbage. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, should I purchase another cooling option like the 212 evo?
**I obviously won't be overclocking given the chip nor will I be using SLI

Solution
Depending on the airflow in your case you may not need one. I would use the stock fan for now and as long as it doesn't get over 60C on load then stock should be fine. That cpu has a max operating temp @72.72C.

***Update*** Also if your unsure if its stable run IntelBurnTest. I wouldn't waste money on a aftermarket cpu cooler if its not needed.

WildCard999

Titan
Depending on the airflow in your case you may not need one. I would use the stock fan for now and as long as it doesn't get over 60C on load then stock should be fine. That cpu has a max operating temp @72.72C.

***Update*** Also if your unsure if its stable run IntelBurnTest. I wouldn't waste money on a aftermarket cpu cooler if its not needed.

Solution

snowctrl

Distinguished

You will almost certainly be fine with the stock cooler. They are not 'garbage', they will cool your processor fine for normal conditions and use. You may decide to get an aftermarket cooler if you want one that is quieter, prettier, or if you are gonna be running your PC at very high load for sustained periods, for example if you are rendering 3d graphics, or if you live in a very hot climate

Pistons

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

Perfect, thanks alot

WildCard999

Titan

Np!