i5 4570 on Black Friday Amazon sales, is it safe?

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hey, Im from Peru. Well, as much as I could explain the prices of this kind of components are, in some way, "overpriced" so I found a Intel i5 4570 on Amazon, to sum up, I want to know if is it safe buy a cpu on Amazon, This is my first time buying on that page. Since now thanks for your time and answers.

By the way, on my country the cost of that cpu its between 240 - 260 dollars / Amazon --> 179 dollars

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Quad-Core-Processor-Graphics-BX80646I54570/dp/B00CO8TA4I/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416549977&sr=1-3

Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Solution
Buying a product online always comes with some amount of risk. Hardware can be damaged during shipping or others issues. So long as you buy from Amazon directly and not through a reseller, your purchases should be protected. I've never had any issues ordering from Amazon but then again I'm in the US. I don't expect it would be much different with any country as Amazon didn't build it's reputation by being shady.
Buying a product online always comes with some amount of risk. Hardware can be damaged during shipping or others issues. So long as you buy from Amazon directly and not through a reseller, your purchases should be protected. I've never had any issues ordering from Amazon but then again I'm in the US. I don't expect it would be much different with any country as Amazon didn't build it's reputation by being shady.

Solution

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

thanks for the reply, Well, actually I think there is a reseller. So basically, I should not buy it and go to the seller of my country. Also didnt calculate the taxes.Thanks anyway mate, I appreciate your time.

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Hi there, thanks for your patience. Excuse me, how could I know if the seller is a reliable one?, I mean there is a rating or something?

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Quad-Core-Processor-Graphics-BX80646I54570/dp/B00CO8TA4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416607081&sr=8-1&keywords=i5+4570

That's not going to work for you anyhow. You need to use an Amazon site closer to your location unless you plan to pay a lot of shipping. The free shipping is only to the continental united states, in other words, one of the 50 states between Mexico and Canada. If you click the details link next to where it says free shipping, you will see that. I don't know where you would go for Peru as I can't find any worthwhile online vendors for your area. Paying the shipping from Amazon may be your best choice, I just don't know if it will be more expensive than ordering locally though.

Ghon19

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Well I found Peru on amazons ships list and then this page appeared.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596202 . Hope, that can be usefull for the tax shipping "calculate" haha. I dont know......Again. thanks for your time and answers