8350 with antec khuler 650 around 70C

masterdam17

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys. Its been a long time since i've posted here.
So the situation is as follows.
I have a gigabyte 990fx mb, a 8350 and an antec kuhler 650 for it.
I bought all this components on winter, i managed to get a 4.4 ghz overclock with 4.1 voltage and temps got to 61C top.
Its summer now and i was noticing the cpu going over 62/3 degrees C so i went ahead and changed the clock to stock settings and basically cpu temps werent as good as they should be staying up to 60 degrees on load.
So i went ahead and removed the cooler and replaced the thermal paste... This thermal paste is some kind of national brand from Argentina , where i live in.. And it doesnt seem very good, at all.
So i went up and changed the thermal paste. As soon as i got to do some prime95 testings again temps where over 70C !!
And im only making a 4.2 ghz overclock which should work fine.. no more than 1.35V on vcore, though core temp is showing 70 degrees or so on load!
The cooler seems to increase the speed when it reaches 62, but even then when the temps go higher the cooler kicks up a notch in speed and goes even louder!!
So i dont know if i got a faulty cooler or if the thermal paste brand really does matter THAT much, and i mean around 15 degrees difference.
The other alternative i think could have happened is i somehow managed to install the cooler wrong again.. But that's just odd , i removed the screws, changed the paste (used alcohol to clean it up first) and just screwed them back.
Cool & Quiet is disabled, auto fan control is disabled too.
Please, if possible, give me a hand! Thanks for your time.

masterdam17

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Ok so i took everything apart again and replaced the thermal paste .. i used the same brand though and i also attached to the back of my kuhler another 120mm sentey fan to boost up the air flow. Ok so the weird thing now is whenever i leave it idle for say 10 seconds or so the temps go to 30C and get stuck there.. Not lowering any more. As soon as i use the mouse or type anything it rounds between 32/38 degrees.
Are my temps not showing correctly??