850 Watt PSU for Two-Way SLI (770's)

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
I was wondering if this PSU is enough to power my PC?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438030&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Here's my system specs:

MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 3
CPU: i5-4690k
GPU: EVGA GeFore GTX 770 4GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler (Two-Way SLI)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 1600 MHz
Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB 7200 RPM
Case Fans: Four case fans (Three are 120mm and one is 80mm)

If there's a better PSU out there for a similar price capable of running this build please let me know! Thanks!

Solution
Nice choice Matthew-san , that is a great quality power supply made by Super Flower.

Unleash the next generation in power with the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 Power Supply. Based on the award winning Gen2 series Power Supplies from EVGA, this PSU features 80 PLUS Bronze rated efficiency, and clean, continuous power to every component. Backed by a 5 year warranty and Japanese capacitor design, the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 is not only the right choice for your system today, it is also the best choice for your system tomorrow.

EVGA.COM

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Nice choice Matthew-san , that is a great quality power supply made by Super Flower.

Unleash the next generation in power with the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 Power Supply. Based on the award winning Gen2 series Power Supplies from EVGA, this PSU features 80 PLUS Bronze rated efficiency, and clean, continuous power to every component. Backed by a 5 year warranty and Japanese capacitor design, the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 is not only the right choice for your system today, it is also the best choice for your system tomorrow.

EVGA.COM

Solution

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Being semi-modular is certainly important to me, plus I trust EVGA products. Every EVGA product I've purchased has been of extremely good quality and well priced. I'm willing to pay the extra $20 for the benefits of owning a EVGA PSU and it being semi-modular. Thanks for everyone's help!

barto

Expert
Ambassador

Cough cough, marketing, cough.
Cough cough, getting paid, cough,

lol

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
HERE'S MY EVGA P2 1000W.

2dskdo3.jpg

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Who cares if it's marketing, because what's being sold is the truth. EVGA makes some of the best if not the best computer components on the market. I currently only own one EVGA product at the moment and that's my graphics card which is a EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler and it's not only the best component in my computer but the best graphics card I've ever owned. Nice build SR-71 Blackbird, I'm jealous ;)

barto

Expert
Ambassador

Whoa whoa, easy there. It's friendly banter. I'm also a EVGA guy. Apart from their newest GPUs which have coil whine, typically don't recommend any other GPU manufacturer. However, EVGA PSU haven't been on the market as long as Corsair has. Does that mean they're bad. Not at all, they are maturing. If you're paying for a name brand, Seasonic is the way to go.

4745454b

Titan
It's a bronze unit and more expensive, but your choice. Both are Super Flower units to my knowledge.

SR, I think you have that backwards. SF is doing great, but doesn't have the long track history that Seasonic has. But both are good. (I'm also a huge Delta fan, so they are probably #3.)

4745454b

Titan
LOL. I hope none of you suffer any hits from the ban hammer. Us mods can handle the effects of it ok, but you other members can't. Wouldn't call this a battle. Seasonic vs anyone else is a convo that comes up sometimes, and I can see both sides.

seasonic has earned the trust of the DIY community with consistently producing a top end equipment, year in and year out for a long long time. This does not mean they are the best at any one time, only the most consistent quality psu producer. There are psus produced by other manufacturers that are better then the best seasonic units... though those manufacturers often produce poor quality products as well. there are other manufacturers who currently are producing very high quality stuff across their lineup, who haven't been doing it as long as seasonic (super flower is a great example).

I won't even get into an argument over who is currently making the best psus. but i always feel confident to recommend a seasonic product to an enthusiast. I know i'll be suggesting a high quality, high reliability unit, no matter what the price point. It's a safe no questions asked and defendable recommendation, and one i don't hesitate to stand behind.

(BTW: it's also a recommendation i've stood behind in practice, with my last two psu's being seasonic made units... an old corsair 400W builder, and a xfx pro 750W unit. The 400W corsair still works, just as good as the day i bought it, 4 years ago, the only reason i replaced it was i needed more power for my current rig)