Windows 7 Activation code error code 0xC004E003?

I just formatted a computer. And when I go to activated it. I get the code 0xC004E003. I tried googling it. And I haven't had any luck. It doesn't give me the option to call automotive phone system to activate it. Any Ideas
9 answers Last reply
More about windows activation code error code 0xc004e003
  1. CisloIT said:
    I just formatted a computer. And when I go to activated it. I get the code 0xC004E003. I tried googling it. And I haven't had any luck. It doesn't give me the option to call automotive phone system to activate it. Any Ideas


    Funny you couldn't find anything in google. I did, very quickly and easily.

    Have a look at this:


    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931276

    should get you somewhere with your problem.
  2. keith12 said:
    CisloIT said:
    I just formatted a computer. And when I go to activated it. I get the code 0xC004E003. I tried googling it. And I haven't had any luck. It doesn't give me the option to call automotive phone system to activate it. Any Ideas


    Funny you couldn't find anything in google. I did, very quickly and easily.

    Have a look at this:


    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931276

    should get you somewhere with your problem.


    I already came across that link. That didn't help me. It still want's you to use the automated system When the activation don't work. But the automated system doesn't come.
  3. Try entering a new activation key and then reentering your legitimate key.
    If all fails, there should be a ms activation phone number to call.
    You might get lucky and get a real person .
  4. CisloIT said:
    keith12 said:
    CisloIT said:
    I just formatted a computer. And when I go to activated it. I get the code 0xC004E003. I tried googling it. And I haven't had any luck. It doesn't give me the option to call automotive phone system to activate it. Any Ideas


    Funny you couldn't find anything in google. I did, very quickly and easily.

    Have a look at this:


    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931276

    should get you somewhere with your problem.


    I already came across that link. That didn't help me. It still want's you to use the automated system When the activation don't work. But the automated system doesn't come.


    within that KB article it has the following :

    Method G: Activate Windows by using the automated telephone system

    have you tried this? Without wanting to be rude, and for the sake of clarity, is this a valid/legitimate windows version you have? If so, you should be able to follow the instructions in the KB article, and have no trouble. If it's not, then we can't be of assistance here.
  5. It dons't give me automated phone number. IT IS a legitimate key.
  6. CisloIT said:
    It dons't give me automated phone number. IT IS a legitimate key.

    I have two telephone numbers for activation.
    I hope one of them gets you to a real person.
    1-888-352-7140
    1-716-871-2781
  7. Thank you. I will give that a try.
  8. This error occurs when The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. you can try these steps

    • Use the Change product key option
    • Right Click on My computer ->Click on Properties->Windows Activation->click on Change Product Key
    • Double check the product key and enter it again
    • Follow the steps to finish the Activation
  9. It ended up working. I tried a different key from an old computer that we recycled. And it ended up working.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers