i3 3220 Will bottleneck?

Solution
Any CPU and bottleneck any GPU in the right conditions, and any CPU can keep a GPU fully saturated with no bottleneck at all under the right conditions. There is absolutely no way to arbitrarily summarize whether or not your CPU will bottleneck your GPU as the answer is always YES and always NO.

Example:

Say you're playing BF4 MP 64 player with the 270X, and you set the visual quality to medium and the resolution to 720P with AA and all post processing disabled. With these settings and conditions, even an i7 will wind up being the source of the performance bottleneck as FPS skyrockets past 100 with so little render workload per frame. In these conditions, the game will be CPU bottle-necked.

On the other hand, assume the same game...

mdocod

Distinguished
Any CPU and bottleneck any GPU in the right conditions, and any CPU can keep a GPU fully saturated with no bottleneck at all under the right conditions. There is absolutely no way to arbitrarily summarize whether or not your CPU will bottleneck your GPU as the answer is always YES and always NO.

Example:

Say you're playing BF4 MP 64 player with the 270X, and you set the visual quality to medium and the resolution to 720P with AA and all post processing disabled. With these settings and conditions, even an i7 will wind up being the source of the performance bottleneck as FPS skyrockets past 100 with so little render workload per frame. In these conditions, the game will be CPU bottle-necked.

On the other hand, assume the same game, conditions, and GPU, but now lets crank it up to 1440P at ultra settings with AA. Suddenly we're playing at 20FPS with the GPU absolutely saturated, and it wouldn't matter if we were using an i7 or a celeron, there would be no CPU bottleneck.

----------

Match the CPU to your performance (FPS) goals.
Match the GPU to your visual quality goals.
Do not try to match them to each-other, that would be pointless.

Solution