i3-4330 + GTX 760 Bottlenecks?

PcbuilderJeb

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
I have recently purchased a Gigabyte WindforceX3 2GB GTX 760 and I was wondering if my pairing it with the i3-4330 in my current system would cause any bottlenecks.

Solution
I think you are appropriate and good.
Try it with YOUR games and see.

If you want to experiment a bit and find out what is the weak part,
do a bit of testing.

a) Run your games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30%...
I think you are appropriate and good.
Try it with YOUR games and see.

If you want to experiment a bit and find out what is the weak part,
do a bit of testing.

a) Run your games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30% improvement in core speed might do.

It is possible that both tests are positive, indicating that you have a well balanced system, and both cpu and gpu need to be upgraded to get better gaming FPS.

Solution