£900 pound pc build INCLUDING PERIPHERALS

Ashwath Gopinath

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Im gonna be using it mainly for gaming and work. Games I play will be along the lines of far cry 4 and battlefield 4 (and hardline when its out). Need it to be £900 (but less is best ;-), dont mind if it goes around ten pounds over, no more than that. Only preferences i have-
1080p monitor
gtx 970 graphics card
nzxt phantom 410 case (looks great!)
Thats it, thanks for your time.

Solution

Lejend

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014

Have a look at this AMD build I just made right now for you:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Lejend/saved/2nf2FT
£835 without peripherals and display unit.

This is an equivalent intel rig I just made now for you:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Lejend/saved/gHHnTW
£842 without peripherals and display unit

Realistically you will have to spend a bit more than £910 (if you don't have a monitor) depending on what peripherals you plan on buying. That's as cheap as it's going to get while choosing CPU's that wont bottleneck your gtx 970

I think you can get away with spending £950 (again, if you don't have a monitor) if you buy £10 mouse and keyboard while using any old headphones.

Alternatively, you could save £60 by getting only 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB, and upgrade later on as 8GB will suffice for now, and use this money for better peripherals / display unit

Hope this helps !

Ashwath Gopinath

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014

Thanks so much!
I do prefer intel, so im going off that one. I probably am just gonna stick with 8gb, after doing some research on it. Also went with the slightly more expensive i5 4690k CPU. Just realised i forgot about the OS though...torn between win7 or 8.1. But thanks!

Lejend

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014

I personally have had only 8GB of RAM for a while now, and only thought of upgrading this december. Reason is, I'm selling my old RAM to my brother so thought might as well buy the entire 16GB while I'm at it. Definitely get windows 8.1; gaming performance on 8.1 is superior to 7, and you can see as much as up to 10 frames per second more on some games. Also, it hasn't been confirmed if win 7 will support DX12 , which will be available in 2015. DX12 will come with huge performance boosts for all systems.

Windows 10 is out soon, depending on when you plan on buying this PC you could ultimately get win10. However, word on the street is win8.1 users can upgrade to win10 for free.

Solution