FX 8320 Running Horrible, Bottle necking running hot.

Ty Honzo

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
So, here is my problem. I just built a pc for my fiance to play battlefield on really lol.

AMD 8320 @ 4Ghz
8G Ram
650W PSU
Asus R9 270x
1TB WD HDD

I put it together and tested it at my house, all was well getting great performance in and out of game, I took it to her house hooked it up and for some reason i feel like there is something going on with her CPU.
In the BIOS it states that its running at 60c, which is wicked hot for idle. So i reseated it,, even re aplied different thermal paste.. Same exact thing. I made sure all the power connectors and everything were firmly seated to everything on the motherboard. So im out of options at this point and have no idea what is going on. I unplugged my 770 from my pc and put her 270x in there and its running everything pretty much maxed out on my pc. After i installed the drivers of course.

I5 3570K
750W PSU
8G RAM
128 SSD
1TB HDD

When i was bench marking her stuff at her house i had the graph up "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" and the cpu literally was spiking every couple random seconds way off the charts like, to the top of her monitor. But the card is maxing out everything on my pc no problem.

What do you guys think the issue could be? Could it be a bad chip or what? Also note that is was running her BF4 on low and struggling no matter what the settings were of the resolution.

You wrote "In the BIOS it states that its running at 60c, which is wicked hot for idle." While in the BIOS, the CPU is not working very hard, but it isn't idle. Use AMD Overdrive to check the idle temp and the temp while gaming or running Prime95. The CPU may throttle; is your place cooler than your girlfriend's place?