HP 1100 printer - from 32 to 64 bits

luis9191

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Hi guys...

I've been looking on the web, and this site of course, for making my printer work... but nothig:

- HP site... not there
- Generic dll's... didn't install
- Windows Update... didn't find
- Win 7 autoinstall... error
- My original instalation CD... not recognized as drivers

What do you think I could do to convert the 32 bits drivers to 64 bits version?

PS
My printer is still fully functional and still prints on 32 bits based systems but not on 64 ones.

Oh! by the way... the port it has is LPT1 but converted to USB with a special cable

Solution

In the add printer list. Pick HP as the manufacturer and then see if there are any of these -- HP LaserJet 4, HP LaserJet 4M, HP LaserJet 4L, HP LaserJet 4ML, HP LaserJet 4P, HP LaserJet 4MP, HP LaserJet 4Plus, HP LaserJet 4Mplus, HP LaserJet 5P, HP LaserJet 5MP, HP LaserJet 5L, HP LaserJet 5L-FS, HP LaserJet 5Lxtra, HP LaserJet 6L, HP LaserJet 6LXI, HP LaserJet 6LSE, HP LaserJet 6P, HP LaserJet 6MP, HP LaserJet 6PXI, HP LaserJet 6PSE, HP LaserJet 5si, HP LaserJet 8000, and HP LaserJet 9000 series printers.

These are all...

kanewolf

Titan

Search for a list of HP PCL5 printers -- there are some lists out there. Look through the list of HP printers that are already installed (laserjet 5, etc) and pick one of them. Basic functions should work. Picking input trays and some of the fancier things might not be right, but getting words on paper should work.

luis9191

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Just to know if I'm following... "search for a list of HP PCL5 printers" in the Add hardware menu?

when i tried googling HP PCL5, I didn't found anything...

What should I find? A file? An installation? a dll?

kanewolf

Titan

In the add printer list. Pick HP as the manufacturer and then see if there are any of these -- HP LaserJet 4, HP LaserJet 4M, HP LaserJet 4L, HP LaserJet 4ML, HP LaserJet 4P, HP LaserJet 4MP, HP LaserJet 4Plus, HP LaserJet 4Mplus, HP LaserJet 5P, HP LaserJet 5MP, HP LaserJet 5L, HP LaserJet 5L-FS, HP LaserJet 5Lxtra, HP LaserJet 6L, HP LaserJet 6LXI, HP LaserJet 6LSE, HP LaserJet 6P, HP LaserJet 6MP, HP LaserJet 6PXI, HP LaserJet 6PSE, HP LaserJet 5si, HP LaserJet 8000, and HP LaserJet 9000 series printers.

These are all PCL5E printers. Try one of them.

Solution

luis9191

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
kaneWolf... You're simply genius!!!!

I chose "HP 2200 (...) PCL 5" and it seems it's working pretty good!

here's a hero beard to symbolize my gratitude...
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/aj6REWQ_700b.jpg

But when I tried to do the same on a HP Pavilion laptop... it didn't work :( . Although HP has many drivers inside (even the original HP 1100) the computer fails to send the file, even test page prints.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times this:
- printers: HP 1100, HP 2200, HP 1200
- USB to parallel compatibility converter cable from WinUpdate and other drivers sites

And I found out HP has a "Print and Scan Doctor" http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=es&lc=es&dlc=es&tmp_geoLoc=true&docname=c03286146
downloadable here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL50849/mp-136589-1/HPPSdr.exe

and this diagnoses every printer installed but the USB to parallel printer compatibility, although I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times...

What do you think may be missing?

Aaaaaand... I found the drivers for my scanner on the web... I'lll tell you later

thanks in advance.