i5 4440 or fx 8320 for live streaming and gaming

Solution
I would say the AMD FX CPU because they have more cores and are generally cheaper suiting your budget.
However I think the question really is, "What graphics unit should I buy?"
To that I would say something like a NVIDI GTX 760 with video capturing hardware.
That would allow you to record your gameplay at a high quality without sacrificing your gameplay experience too much.
Hope that helps :)
Dec 8, 2014
I would say the AMD FX CPU because they have more cores and are generally cheaper suiting your budget.
However I think the question really is, "What graphics unit should I buy?"
To that I would say something like a NVIDI GTX 760 with video capturing hardware.
That would allow you to record your gameplay at a high quality without sacrificing your gameplay experience too much.
Hope that helps :)

Solution

tsuneo6

Admirable
Aug 22, 2014

No. games generaly dont use more then 2-3 cores. the single core performance is better from the i5, but for multitasking an fx 8350 is better. as the remaining 5 cores will proces the streaming, while the i5 only has 1 to do the job

the gtx 750 ti isnt realy cut out for streaming and gaming. the minimum you should look at is a gtx 760 or r9 270(x)

Dec 8, 2014

Unfortunately yes.
Most AM3+ sockets score lower performance benchmarks then most i5's unless ur looking at the very latest AMD CPU's.
With a budget like yours I would probably even consider a dual core as most current games only utilize 2 cores.
You may be better off buying an Intel Pentium G3258 as it's unlocked meaning it can be overclocked (You would have to invest a little more in a Z87 or Z98 motherboard)

BTW the G3258 has been overclocked by many too easily run at over 4 even 5GHz

Also I wasn't sure do you just plan on streaming or live streaming? Because with live streaming a Quad core would be much more suitable :)

This is so not true anymore. It was true for most games up to 2013 maybe. Most mainstream games that came out this year are more than capable of using even 8 cores. Anything that uses frostbite is capable of this, and even Ubisoft is releasing games with support for 8 cores. Doesn't mean 8 core is better for gaming... Rest of your post is still sort of accurate.

tsuneo6

Admirable
Aug 22, 2014

hmm, looks like I'm a bit outdated, will look into that!
also, fast explenation, it gives a general idea of how it works. it needs to be understandable.