brainbang

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Mother Board is an Asus m5A99FX Pro 2.0
CPU VCORE fluctuates between .924-1.04V
CPU RPM 4500
+12V is consistent 12.004
+5 is consistent 5.038

Only after 30 minutes of gaming it shuts off. CPU idles at 30-35 degrees celcius.

Today while the computer was on, I noticed that only one of the tubes on the cooler is vibrating. Is this normal? is the water not flowing?

Is the motherboard adequate for this processor? Is the cooler adequate for this processor?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Vibrating tube means it is working... it is the liquid being pumped around. I doubt it will be overheating unless you have a major overclock .

Here are the steps I suggest.

1) CLEAR CMOS on your board to reset all BIOS settings to default
2) Run Aida 64 for 2-3 hours and use Coretemp to monitor temperatures
3) If you still experience shutting off, try updating motherboard BIOS
4) If it continues... it may be a PSU problem....what is the make and model?

1) The motherboard is "adequate" otherwise it wouldn't even support the CPU. However you don't state if you overclocked the CPU or not.

2) The H60 is adequate as well if not overclocking further.

3) Are you certain the CPU is actually overheating?

4) you can switch the CPU fan to intake which does make a difference but unfortunately then the hot air goes into the case and affects the graphics card.

5) I don't think the cooler is defective or else your idle temp would be higher.

6) *If you really are overheating then I guess you need to get a better cooler. Your room temperatures and case cooling does factor into things as well so it's hard to say without all the facts.

brainbang

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I woke up one morning to an error CPU Temperature error given by the BIOS. Opened the case and the water cooler was very hot. So I am pretty certain that the CPU overheated.

There is no overclocking and no adjustment to video card performance. The video card has a max recorded temperature of 46 degrees Celsius.

Only one of the tubes is vibrating on the water cooler.

It shuts off at 70 degrees. Idle temp is now 28.

I have the fan attached to the radiator blowing inward along with another. There's only one pointed outward.

I do not see any drop in performance, just abruptly shuts off.