212 EVO setup in stock NZXT Phantom

Vudue Priest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Oye ladies and gents,

I just got my 212 Evo installed and was curious about whether I should set it up as a push in my NZXT Phantom.

When I installed it I noticed that the fan sat about 2-3 inches from my case exhaust fan almost in line with the exhaust draw. Do you think I would experience better cooling by switching the cooler fan to push the heat into the case fan or would it not really matter if I am pulling the heat into the case fan.

Thanks for your folk's help

Solution
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is meant to have the fan on the front of the cooler. this means pushing air through the fins towards the rear of the case. the only time there is a fan on the rear of the cooler is if you are doing a Push Pull configuration.

EDIT: make sure you installed the cooler properly. there is a pin on the base plate that lines up with the mounting bracket. This pin is supposed to be at the top. This aligns the cooler and prevents it from slipping down and off some of the CPU.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is meant to have the fan on the front of the cooler. this means pushing air through the fins towards the rear of the case. the only time there is a fan on the rear of the cooler is if you are doing a Push Pull configuration.

EDIT: make sure you installed the cooler properly. there is a pin on the base plate that lines up with the mounting bracket. This pin is supposed to be at the top. This aligns the cooler and prevents it from slipping down and off some of the CPU.

Solution