Under £1500 pc build

Solution
In that case your are overkilling IMO, you don't need all those cores for gaming, an i5 should suffice, an i5 Haswell would be fine with that GPU, cheaper motherboard too, you can make do with DDR3 ram, Asus Z97-a maybe, 8GB of ram is ample for games though I'd personally never go lower than 16.
I think you are flushing some cash down the toilet with that particular build :)

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
More ram, video-editing needs it,get one more or a larger SSD for media cache and your raw footage used in current projects, this is a major bottleneck when working with video, photos and video eat up space, get a larger HDD, possibly two and RAID 1 them to secure your data, get a larger screen/higher res, nicer for editing.

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
In that case your are overkilling IMO, you don't need all those cores for gaming, an i5 should suffice, an i5 Haswell would be fine with that GPU, cheaper motherboard too, you can make do with DDR3 ram, Asus Z97-a maybe, 8GB of ram is ample for games though I'd personally never go lower than 16.
I think you are flushing some cash down the toilet with that particular build :)

Solution