HD 7850 1GB OC stuttering

f4nd4ng0

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
Hi, I got new HD 7850 Oc 1gb and when I play games like ac unity it has massive stuttering, sometimes it freezes for a half a second completely. In far cry 4 when I quickly turn around it stutters to 2fps for half a second. My GPU is not overheating neither is CPU. I have g860 and 4gb of ram, does my cpu really bottelneck my gpu?

Solution
Simple, you are having massive dips in FPS because your card only has 1GB of VRAM and it;s being choked as for comfortable 1080p gaming today requires at least 2GB cards with 4GB now being the new sweetspot as games like BF4 use about 2.3-2.5GB of VRAM at 1080p and future games will only raise the VRAM usage. Assassins Creed Unity is one of the most bug ridden but very GPU demanding game out today along with Far Cry 4, Dargon Age Inquisition and such.

Also, if it's an Intel Pentium G860, then yes, the CPU is also bottlenecking the GPU, furthering the torture the poor 1GB of VRAM your GPU has. Also, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition and such require 8GB of RAM to play those games at Ultra settings at 1080p...

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Simple, you are having massive dips in FPS because your card only has 1GB of VRAM and it;s being choked as for comfortable 1080p gaming today requires at least 2GB cards with 4GB now being the new sweetspot as games like BF4 use about 2.3-2.5GB of VRAM at 1080p and future games will only raise the VRAM usage. Assassins Creed Unity is one of the most bug ridden but very GPU demanding game out today along with Far Cry 4, Dargon Age Inquisition and such.

Also, if it's an Intel Pentium G860, then yes, the CPU is also bottlenecking the GPU, furthering the torture the poor 1GB of VRAM your GPU has. Also, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition and such require 8GB of RAM to play those games at Ultra settings at 1080p even.

Your PC is quite outdated and sadly, lacking the VRAM and musle for high end gaming. Try ticking the settings down to low to improve the gameplay.

Solution

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
It may come down to that unfortunately....try messing around with the settings, turning off any AA settings will help and also settings textures to low-medium will help with the issue of the lack of VRAM.