R9 290 - Black screen when installing amd drivers

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
To start off I have recently got a r9 290 and when I had first set it up and installed the drivers everything seemed to be working perfectly until when loading up a game I black screened. I uninnstalled my AMD driver and when attempting to reinstall the drivers I black screened throughout the process. I had a gtx 650 ti before, and yes I made sure to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers. Is it possible the card is not getting enough from my PSU? I am using a 6 and 8 pin that are together, and I received a seperate 6 pin and a seperate 8 pin with the card, but I did not have the correct PCIe caple to be able to plug them in to my psu, so i'm using the same cable I used to run my gtx 650 ti if that makes any sense. I have tried to fix this in my spare time for about 2 days now but any online help guide I haved followed just doesnt seem to work.

Solution
How long does that blackout last when you are installing the drivers? Because when you install drivers you are basically telling your computer where is the video output, what kind of gpu, all sorts of stuff and that can take time. When I install new drivers (update) on my computer I usually choose Clean Install (deleting the old and putting the new) and then there might be a blackout for about 2 minutes tops.
What game is in question?

HR_Luka

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
How long does that blackout last when you are installing the drivers? Because when you install drivers you are basically telling your computer where is the video output, what kind of gpu, all sorts of stuff and that can take time. When I install new drivers (update) on my computer I usually choose Clean Install (deleting the old and putting the new) and then there might be a blackout for about 2 minutes tops.
What game is in question?

Solution

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

The monitor goes black and stays that well until I shutdown my computer and start it back up. After that the blackout occurs for anything I do like going online or playing any game the screen wwill go black. I attempted to reinstall the drivers again and Iget the error show on this website.

https://www.wiknix.com/application-install-install-package-failure/

I am going to follow this now and hope it may fix the problem.

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I can't even believe how stupid this makes me feel. Every time I had installed the drivers I had were asked by a program I use called Yet another cleaner whether to allow or block the drivers, and every time it would auto block it because I was never at my computer when installing the drivers.