FX 8350 H60 Overheating

G

A friend has the FX 8350 and the H60 cooler. We recently switched out the motherboard and graphics card, after that the PC kept shutting down after a while of being idle.
When I checked the tubing on the H60 cooler one of them was hot and the other was cool

I came to the conclusion that the pump in the H60 had stopped working. Is this correct?
The system is like 3 years old so I guess the pump dying is inevitable

Specs otherwise are:
FX-8350
M5A97 LE R2.0
16GB 1333Mhz RAM
H60 Cooler with two aftermarket Corsair fans (Now running stock)
GTX 970
60GB Kingston SSD
1TB HDD
CX 750 PSU

Just confirming if anyone knows about something like this any help is appreciated

Solution
certainly. check in the bios. it should show an "RPM" for the "cpu fan". typically the h60 should show an rpm of 2000-4000... if it isn't then something is wrong. If it is something still might be wrong. put your hand at the exhaust and feel if the air coming off the radiator is warm. touch the radiator and see if it's warm. if everything is working correctly the radiator should be "cooler" then the line leading in, the air coming off of it should be a little warm, and the line heading back to the cpu should be close to room temp

next we'll check the cpu temps while computing. download HWMonitor, the CPU Package temp should be about -10C less then the CPU socket temp (on the motherboard). if they're around that type of...
certainly. check in the bios. it should show an "RPM" for the "cpu fan". typically the h60 should show an rpm of 2000-4000... if it isn't then something is wrong. If it is something still might be wrong. put your hand at the exhaust and feel if the air coming off the radiator is warm. touch the radiator and see if it's warm. if everything is working correctly the radiator should be "cooler" then the line leading in, the air coming off of it should be a little warm, and the line heading back to the cpu should be close to room temp

next we'll check the cpu temps while computing. download HWMonitor, the CPU Package temp should be about -10C less then the CPU socket temp (on the motherboard). if they're around that type of difference we probably can trust the reported cpu temps.

Assuming the cpu cooler is working I suspect the true problem is the motherboard. That m5a97 LE R2.0 won't run a 8 core fx cpu safely without some significant effort to cool the VRMs. likely the motherboard is overheating and shutting your system down.

Lets test for that next. pop the side of the case off and stick a room fan in the opening and set it on full blast. see if the system crashes again. i suspect your crashing problem will probably stop.

assuming it was the motherboard causing this problem, there are several things you can do to improve that board's chances. i would buy some vrm heatsinks off of newegg.

something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708012

then i would suspend a 92mm fan directly over the new copper mosfet heatsinks. I suspect your system will stabilize after you do this.

Solution

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

This............ You need a real motherboard and I would recommend a better cpu cooler also.