FX-8320 high load temps

harshp344

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hey guys, so recently I bought a new motherboard (Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 Rev. 4) for my CPU (FX-8320) and my load temps have been high ever since. The cooler I have is a Cooler Master hyper 212 evo and the CPU idles at around 35C. But even with the slightest load the temp will rise. Opening google chrome causes it to rise to 40C, playing CS:GO makes it rise to ~60C, Rust (game) makes it rise to ~ 70C. Now these are games that aren't too demanding and before (with my old motherboard) I was getting temps in the low 50s. BF4 brings the CPU temp up to ~80C. Idk what the problem could be, I tried reseating the cooler, thermal paste etc. What do you guys think the problem might be? The NB/VRM temps for the motherboard are also close to the CPU temps in all cases. Any help would be appreciated :)

Solution
I would check your BIOS settings first. Is your CPU at stock frequency or overclocked? What voltage does it run at?

Also, which case are you using and how many fans do you have (i.e. is airflow in your case any good)?

What about graphics card, which one is it?
I would check your BIOS settings first. Is your CPU at stock frequency or overclocked? What voltage does it run at?

Also, which case are you using and how many fans do you have (i.e. is airflow in your case any good)?

What about graphics card, which one is it?

Solution

harshp344

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
The CPU clock and voltage are at stock.(3.5ghz and 1.36V)

The case has adequete airflow, there is a exhaust fan at the back and a intake at the front. The case is not the problem because the temps were just fine with my old motherboard with the same case.

The graphics card I have is a MSI R7 260X