Is this $500 build good for gaming?

Matthew Heyes

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
This is my first time building a PC, and I have researched and picked out all the part, but before I buy them I need someone to look over them so I don't make a stupid mistake. I already have the OS and peripherals from my previous computer so don't worry about that. I can go slightly more expensive but I would prefer if you didn't suggest something that would make my PC too expensive.

This is the link to my build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fwN9XL

I don't know if the currency is different per link, or if it's based on the users location, so I ask you to keep in mind that I am Canadian so it's going to be in $Cad not $US

Solution
I would get one of the i3's or i5's and possibly drop down to 4gb's of ram to make up for the price gap.

Also that Powersupply doesn't look so good, I'd sub that out for a cx430m cx430

nodsterr

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I would get one of the i3's or i5's and possibly drop down to 4gb's of ram to make up for the price gap.

Also that Powersupply doesn't look so good, I'd sub that out for a cx430m cx430

Solution

Matthew Heyes

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

thanks for helping me out, i thought the PSU looked kind of "sketchy" you could say (not sure of the correct word so its probably not sketchy). I dropped 4 GB of RAM and got the i3 because I can't afford the i5.

Matthew Heyes

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I I have and extra windows 7 or 8 CD (not sure which) that I got a few months ago and never used.

nodsterr

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

I had the i3-4330 and a amd 7770 running battlefield 4 seamlessly. I'm sure the card you picked out will perform just as good if not better.