FX-6300 with H80i OC'ed or FX-8350 with Hyper T4 Evo no OC for gaming

tfdude

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
As the title says, i need help with this decision. I have an ASUS 970 strix and i have my fx 6300 OC'ed to 4.4 with my hyper t4 and can be very shaky and slightly bottlenecks. So if i were ot get an 8350 non OC, would i get absolute 0 chance of bottleneck? or should i go with fx-6300 oc'ed with H80i. or you can recommend a better cooler compatible with a Corsair 200r. Anything will help!

Solution
it would be a waist of money for almost any gamer that has a overclocked 6300 to get a 8350 and if you get a water cooler you might get a little higher clock but is it worth it... not really
even at 4.7ghz it wont be the best in cpu intensive games and there is gpu intensive games that a athlon can put out nearly the same fps with a high end gpu as a i7
would a 9590 have a 0 percent chance of bottlenecking in the way you are perceiving it as? no so like i said the only people that get great all around gaming performance have a i5 or i7

tfdude

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

yes i know an i5/i7 is much better but i would have to get a new mobo and i would have to reinstall everything on it. Intel is not in my budget. I also didnt ask for an intel processor i asked if an 8350 would bottleneck my 970.

iron8orn

Admirable
it would be a waist of money for almost any gamer that has a overclocked 6300 to get a 8350 and if you get a water cooler you might get a little higher clock but is it worth it... not really
even at 4.7ghz it wont be the best in cpu intensive games and there is gpu intensive games that a athlon can put out nearly the same fps with a high end gpu as a i7
would a 9590 have a 0 percent chance of bottlenecking in the way you are perceiving it as? no so like i said the only people that get great all around gaming performance have a i5 or i7

Solution