FX-6300 CPU temperatures with Corsair H100i cooler

Chase Chamliss

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
Hey guys, I decided to get an aftermarket cooler for my AMD FX-6300 CPU and decided to go with the Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling Unit. Installation was fairly straight forward and I installed it the way it was showed in the manual (Case, radiator, then fans). With stock cooler at idle, the CPU was at 39c. With the new cooler, it is only at 35c at idle. I'm afraid to do any sort of overclocking because I was hoping for the temps to be down in the very low 30s to upper 20s. Could I have possible installed the Corsair H100i cooler wrong or made some error that would reduce its performance by a lot? I was really really looking forward to overclocking this unlocked processor but the temps are a bit sketchy. I hope to have some helpful answers! :D

Solution

so far its been accurate for me and my friends pcs and for a ton of other people so i would trust it personally. and your temps under load are fairly low, h100i is more than up to the task to handle your overclocking.

Chase Chamliss

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

so far its been accurate for me and my friends pcs and for a ton of other people so i would trust it personally. and your temps under load are fairly low, h100i is more than up to the task to handle your overclocking.

Solution