nevermind lol delete this

Solution
Definitely no purpose to getting $200. If you are not overclocking, $80 is perfect if OC then even $130 would be fine. Even if you could get a better overclock on a $200 motherboard instead of a $130 motherboard, the $70 is not even worth it for .2Ghz.

Entomber

Admirable
What is the rest of your build, and what sort of components are you looking to add in the future?

In all likelihood, if you're asking whether or not you should spend more money on a motherboard, you probably shouldn't need to.

Entomber

Admirable
I don't believe DDR4 is supported by Z97 mobos, only is supported by X99 (enthusiast-class) motherboards at the moment.

If you wanted to use DDR4, you will have to get an X99 mobo and a compatible Socket 2011 processor (both are much more expensive)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the high end boards like that are mainly for heavy oc and such. for normal use, there are much cheaper options that do the job very well.

so in my opinion there is a very limited number of people who should be buying these uber expensive boards. heavy oc'ers and people with more money than sense. :)

Syndicat3

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Sigh.. sorry, I meant DDR3. :p

Definitely no purpose to getting $200. If you are not overclocking, $80 is perfect if OC then even $130 would be fine. Even if you could get a better overclock on a $200 motherboard instead of a $130 motherboard, the $70 is not even worth it for .2Ghz.

Solution