Solved

PC GAMING build for 1100-1300$ or 1200EU

So i'm looking to get a new pc because my current one with q6600 and gtx 460 just isn't doing it anymore :D The things i'm looking for are all the main parts EXCEPT keyboard,mouse,monitor and SSD i DONT need these. I dont really need windows either. You can include optical drive if there is enough space in the budget. I would very HIGHLY prefer nvidia card and intel cpu. Again this is only what i prefer because for all my life i used intel cpu and nvidia card, so for some reason im scared of amd stuff, reading about their bad drivers and stuff :D Pc will be used 99% of the time for playing games, maybe a bit of streaming, but other than that, casual movie watching and some programming stuff.

And please do not use reduced prices with like 20% and stuff like that. Use full product price, because where i am now there is barely ever any reductions so yeah. (and im from europe so all these newegg promotions and price reductions dont really apply to me.)

Also i dont think that i need any fancy coolers or anything like that, ive used this q6600 with stock cooler for 7 years now without changing anything just cleaning dust and its working perfectly even tho i play like 12 hours a day lol. And i do not ever plan to overclock anything so maybe avoid all those fancy coolers.
34 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build 1100 1300 1200eu
  1. Will you be overclocking? Where are you from exactly?
  2. Nope no overclocking at all. Im currently residing in Lithuania.
  3. Just read that you won't be overclocking, will edit the build.
    Check below for the build
  4. Ups, I didn't see the part where you said you weren't going to oc. This should be great for you. The motherboard will support sli and also the next line of processors.
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s8m8mG
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s8m8mG/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.75 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($78.97 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.88 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($347.99 @ Directron)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1051.52
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-11 06:47 EST-0500

    Edit: Oh, and if you can't find this particular motherboard in lithuania, get any z97 that supports sli.
    And if you can't find the psu or it's very expensive in lithuania, link me the site where you will be buying from and I can help you find one with good quality.
  5. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£162.18 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.44 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£106.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£62.40 @ Kustom PCs)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£77.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£269.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£269.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Case (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova B2 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£86.18 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.46 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £1197.29
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-11 11:54 GMT+0000
  6. Mas, you realise you are giving him the price in pounds..?
  7. this is the website that im using to order www.skytech.lt checking the builds now.

    btw i can already tell they dont have g.skill rams, and would it be worth throwing a bit more money and going 16gb?
  8. "or 1200EU" in the thread title.
  9. jjbarea said:
    this is the website that im using to order www.skytech.lt checking the builds now.

    btw i can already tell they dont have g.skill rams, and would it be worth throwing a bit more money and going 16gb?


    For gaming, there's no benefit to going with 16gb of ram. I will try to get the build in that website
  10. mas7873 said:
    "or 1200EU" in the thread title.


    1200EU refer to euros, not pounds.
  11. Demosthenest said:
    mas7873 said:
    "or 1200EU" in the thread title.


    1200EU refer to euros, not pounds.


    Ooop's clicked the wrong option from the drop down menu. Nice catch demo! :p
  12. Demosthenest said:
    jjbarea said:
    this is the website that im using to order www.skytech.lt checking the builds now.

    btw i can already tell they dont have g.skill rams, and would it be worth throwing a bit more money and going 16gb?


    For gaming, there's no benefit to going with 16gb of ram. I will try to get the build in that website


    ok i'll wait to see what can you find there :D im just a bit scared that 2 years from now there will be requirements to have more rams for some games :D seeing how even these days games like cod already require 6gb to even launch it, and as you can see i really dont upgrade my pc for 6-7 years :D btw you can expand to 1450. EUROS if needed because parts are pretty expensive in that website but i have no other choice.
  13. Best answer
  14. Ram is very easy to upgrade. That motherboard supports 4 sticks of ram, so you would just have to add 2 more sticks of the same ram.
    I think you should go with the build I suggested but with a 750w psu and then in a couple years get another gtx 970 (or a new gpu). Gtx 970 right now maxes out 1080p gaming, so going over that has not much of a benefit.
    A psu like this one: http://www.skytech.lt/cp9020055eu-psu-corsair-750w-plus-gold-modulinis-135mm-vent-zero-rpm-p-165281.html
  15. Demosthenest said:
    Ram is very easy to upgrade. That motherboard supports 4 sticks of ram, so you would just have to add 2 more sticks of the same ram.
    I think you should go with the build I suggested but with a 750w psu and then in a couple years get another gtx 970 (or a new gpu). Gtx 970 right now maxes out 1080p gaming, so going over that has not much of a benefit.
    A psu like this one: http://www.skytech.lt/cp9020055eu-psu-corsair-750w-plus-gold-modulinis-135mm-vent-zero-rpm-p-165281.html


    thanks a lot really ill grab the 750 psu, btw if i were to add a second monitor, is there anything you would recommend up to 150 euros ? or just grab the random one?
  16. Well, if the monitor you have right now is 1080p ips, I would try to get the same model so that it looks better.
    If not, I think you should just get the cheapest monitor with 1080p and ips in your prefered size.
  17. Demosthenest said:
    Well, if the monitor you have right now is 1080p ips, I would try to get the same model so that it looks better.
    If not, I think you should just get the cheapest monitor with 1080p and ips in your prefered size.



    my current monitor is eizo fs2333 i dont want to get a second one that expensive :D
  18. Demosthenest said:



    yeah ill take the second one, thanks a lot again man :P it looks so good too :D
  19. You are welcome :) please select best answer, I'm trying to get my forum badges.
  20. Demosthenest said:
    You are welcome :) please select best answer, I'm trying to get my forum badges.


    ok just did ,i think :D btw if you were to add like 300 eur more, what would you change ? more rams, gtx 980 instead of 970 ? better motherboard? maybe even i7?
  21. I would get an other gtx 970, it's where you would see more gaming difference.
  22. 2 gtx 970s are 25% better than a gtx 980.
  23. Demosthenest said:
    2 gtx 970s are 25% better than a gtx 980.


    and they would both fit into the case you picked right? and the 750 corsair would be enough for sli?
  24. They would fit, I have that case and they do fit. And the corsair is enough, it's a great psu.
  25. Demosthenest said:
    They would fit, I have that case and they do fit. And the corsair is enough, it's a great psu.


    btw is there anything i should know if i would choose to go sli 970 ? like is there anything special i need to do with psu to connect the cables or anything :D
  26. Well, you need to use an sli bridge which should come with the motherboard to connect the gtx 970s. Other than that, it's just like building a normal computer.
    Also, some old games do not support sli, your system will run with only 1 gtx 970. But since they are old games, they will still be maxed out.
    Do you know how to build a system? If not I can link a couple videos to help.
  27. Demosthenest said:
    Well, you need to use an sli bridge which should come with the motherboard to connect the gtx 970s. Other than that, it's just like building a normal computer.
    Also, some old games do not support sli, your system will run with only 1 gtx 970. But since they are old games, they will still be maxed out.
    Do you know how to build a system? If not I can link a couple videos to help.



    i have changed gpu before, i have changed psu and fully connected the cables, but i havent done anything with moberboard or cpu, but ive looked how to do it , you can link it anyways,ty.

    btw what if it doesnt come with the motherboard :D?
  28. It will, it's a high end motherboard. If they happen to forget putting it in the box (lol jking), they are like 5 dollars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRvz_IYSgM in this video, linus uses the case I recommended. It should be fairly similar to your build too (except for cpu cooler and sli)
  29. Demosthenest said:
    It will, it's a high end motherboard. If they happen to forget putting it in the box (lol jking), they are like 5 dollars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRvz_IYSgM in this video, linus uses the case I recommended. It should be fairly similar to your build too (except for cpu cooler and sli)


    btw are we sure 750w will be enough for sli 970s? im reading a bit on it now and seems that people suggest going 850
  30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fKOG8C9qc
    In this vid, a guy runs 2 gtx 970 overclocked with a 620w psu. I wouldn't recommend it, it's really pushing it, but a quality 750w psu like that corsair would have no problem running them.
  31. jjbarea, I've been doing some research on the psu, this one would be way better: http://www.skytech.lt/m12ii850-seasonic-m12ii-bronze-850-850w-plus-bronze-retail-p-135245.html
    It's about the same price, 100w more, better build quality.
  32. Demosthenest said:
    jjbarea, I've been doing some research on the psu, this one would be way better: http://www.skytech.lt/m12ii850-seasonic-m12ii-bronze-850-850w-plus-bronze-retail-p-135245.html
    It's about the same price, 100w more, better build quality.


    ok ill look into it, also 2x 970 wont be an overkill for i5 right?
  33. I don't think so. In gaming, the difference between an i5 and an i7 is minimal. A k i5 and a better cooler for overclocking like the corsair h100i would be better than any i7 at stock speed and better than most i7s overclocked, but I don't think it's necessary anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Build Systems PC gaming