7950 Crossfire issues

prettyflvcko

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
So since three dayz my second hd 7950 has stopped working, so I bought another one. Sapphire Hd 7950 to match my other gpu wich is an amd reference card with a noisy blower (7950)
I installed the new gpu on the top slot (16x) and the reference card on the second slot (4x)
my mobo is an asrock pro3 z77.

Here is my problem:

Fan on the reference card isnt working at idle, it is only working when I open a game (BF4 for example)

Here is my second problem:

When I open bf4 the screen is flashing in white during the loading of a game, and when the game finally finish its loading there are some orange flashing, flickering on my screen.

What may be my problem ? I'm using the lastest amd drivers, and my bridge is well connected, also I get the normal crossfire fps on bf4 (80-90) at ultra on 1440p monitor..

Thanks in advance, marc.

N1KKII

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Try few things :)

1.Try reinstalling DRIVERS properly!

1. Boot into safe-mode
2. Uninstall driver from device manager
3. Use a tool to check if there are any left over files/drivers
(I use drive sweeper http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html)
4. Reinstall the new driver
5. Reboot to normal mode

2. Check to see if your new 7950 do without your original one, can do everything the first one can.

3.Find your average FPS at a certain setting on your original 7950 (by itself). Then try doing the same thing with the new 7950, by itself. If there is a big difference in performance, it could be a faulty/defective card. -----------------> If both cards perform the same, then it might be a driver-related issue.

Good luck mate !o/

prettyflvcko

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

So I figured out my orange screen problem and my white flickering problem, now the only problem is that the first gpu takes all the load (98%) and my second only take 6%...

prettyflvcko

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Well 75% of my problem is solved ! :) read my last reply please