Best 900 dollar NCIX custom built gaming PC

emtasty123

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
My friend needs one for prep school work but he wants to game. His mom won't let him build it in case of it breaking (So no pcpartpicker) He needs the build and windows and a monitor (1080p)

Solution
the trouble with pre-built or built to spec systems is that they all use crappy power supplies to keep costs down.
however cyberpower pc have improved the power supply options a lot - however there have been a few complaints about packaging and shipping, but annoyingly they are the best budget to performance custom pc builders:
*BASE_PRICE: [+495]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Thermaltake Urban S21 w/ USB 3.0 & Side-Panel Window [+4]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 [+124]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
ENGRAVING_MSG:
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Intel...

Nextg_Rival

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015
You want a pre-built PC combination with Windows 7 and a decent monitor all for 900 dollars. Is that correct? Also, what sort of games does you friend want to play? If it's just LoL or some other low requirement games it'd be much easier so we need to know.

emtasty123

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
He likes to play Skyrim, Watch Dogs, (I know the pc release was awful) TF2 and Bf4 (He does not need it at ultra, but if you can, great) -)__(-

Nextg_Rival

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015
You didn't answer my first question though, should we provide you with parts for 900 (and is the windows and the monitor included in the price), or should we find you are pre-built configuration (with/without windows and a monitor)?

emtasty123

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
The components are in the price, along with windows and the monitor all for 900

dasulman

Honorable
the trouble with pre-built or built to spec systems is that they all use crappy power supplies to keep costs down.
however cyberpower pc have improved the power supply options a lot - however there have been a few complaints about packaging and shipping, but annoyingly they are the best budget to performance custom pc builders:
*BASE_PRICE: [+495]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Thermaltake Urban S21 w/ USB 3.0 & Side-Panel Window [+4]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 [+124]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
ENGRAVING_MSG:
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-27]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_TB: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MB_SRT: None
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z97 Pro4 ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 6x SATA 6Gb/s (All Venom OC Certified) [+37]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NFC: None
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial [+104]
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply [+56]
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 10 to 15 Business Day
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: XFX Double D AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+125] (Single Card)
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+918)

that was a quick config I came up with. it includes a new mouse, keyboard and OS, but not a screen.
edit: if you want a monitor in that price, downgrade the I5 to an I3, and the motherboard to the b85 option. that way you've still got the 280.

Solution