Solved

Graphic card compatibility with Alienware mother board

Hello there,

i am thinking of buying a new graphic card for my Alienware Area 51 but im not sure wether the graphic cards im planning to buy will be compatible with my motherboard.

Can anyone help me there and suggest which graphic card around 500$ would be compatible with Alienware 0XDJ4C mother board?

Thank you very much
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card compatibility alienware mother board
  1. Geez. Any PCI-E card will "fit". However, please see that your PSU conforms to the power requirement set forth by the graphics card manufacturer, before you end up with a card that needs more power than you have. Also, it looks like its a LGA1366 socket, which means that you don't have PCI-E 3.0. At this point in time, however, the newest PCI-E 3.0 cards are not able to max out the interface and you'll be fine with PCI-E 2.0.
  2. cilliers said:
    Geez. Any PCI-E card will "fit". However, please see that your PSU conforms to the power requirement set forth by the graphics card manufacturer, before you end up with a card that needs more power than you have. Also, it looks like its a LGA1366 socket, which means that you don't have PCI-E 3.0. At this point in time, however, the newest PCI-E 3.0 cards are not able to max out the interface and you'll be fine with PCI-E 2.0.
  3. Hey, so would Radeon R9 280X be an option?
  4. bladey107 said:
    Hey, so would Radeon R9 280X be an option?


    Yes, but you need to be sure that you at least have a 750W PSU. Some guys popped their 600W PSU's...
  5. cilliers said:
    bladey107 said:
    Hey, so would Radeon R9 280X be an option?


    Yes, but you need to be sure that you at least have a 750W PSU. Some guys popped their 600W PSU's...



    Hey, i got 1000W PSU so it should be ok. Would you say its worth buying it then? What performance loss is estimated cause its 2.0 and not 3.0 supported on Motherboard?
    Was planning to buy exactly this one: ASUS AMD Radeon R9 270X, 4GB DDR5, DVI, HDMI, DP
    Thank you for your time.
  6. Best answer
    bladey107 said:
    cilliers said:
    bladey107 said:
    Hey, so would Radeon R9 280X be an option?


    Yes, but you need to be sure that you at least have a 750W PSU. Some guys popped their 600W PSU's...



    Hey, i got 1000W PSU so it should be ok. Would you say its worth buying it then? What performance loss is estimated cause its 2.0 and not 3.0 supported on Motherboard?
    Was planning to buy exactly this one: ASUS AMD Radeon R9 270X, 4GB DDR5, DVI, HDMI, DP
    Thank you for your time.


    No performance loss from 3.0 to 2.0 with that card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards Alienware