Wired Internet Connection not working with TP-Link AC T750

jdnevill

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
My new ISP (WaveCable) came to my house last week to setup the network. The WiFi works fine but my router does not identify any device being connected to a lan port (no green light). The network shows up as "unidentified network and no internet access." I tried to fix the problem by going into the router settings but I could not figure out what settings I had to change to fix the problem.

LilTwist

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

forgot to mention that as well

jdnevill

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015

I went to device manager to update my "Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet" drivers but it kept running and nothing happened. I am not sure what my motherboard is but my laptop is a Lenovo y570.

LilTwist

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

the only way to update those drivers without internet is to have the driver cd that comes with the internet card or your mobo if its the internet on the mobo. if you have a thumb drive and another pc or a friends pc with internet you can google braodcom netlink gigabit ethernet drivers and you should be able to find a download for them put them on the thumb drive and install the drivers from the thumb drive i had to do that before

jdnevill

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015

I tested 2 ethernet cables and both did not work. at work I can used a wired internet connection with my laptop, its just this new router is not working properly with wired connects.