£200 Budget, looking for new CPU

Lezenko

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hi guys.

Due a tax rebate shortly of roughly about £200 and decided could do with getting rid of my poopy AMD 4100 FX...

I'm looking for something mainly for gaming / live streaming. (specifically Star Citizen / Battlefield )

I've had a quick glance around on what I can get for the price range and I'm stuck between the AMD 9370, 8350 and 9590

And then on the Intel side I can safely say I've never owned one. So any suggestions / cases will be appreciated

Please take not that raising my budget is not going to be possible as I only work part time.

regards, Lucas

What motherboard do you have?

I would suggest getting an intel xeon but it is pretty far out of your budget. If you want to overclock, i would recommend getting the fx 8320 over all of those. Otherwise, the fx 8350 would be better. The fx 9xxx chips are just overclocked versions of those chips, and are pretty much a waste of money.

Lezenko

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Sorry for the late reply. the motherboard I'm looking at spending around £80 so that isn't much of an issue...hopefully something i can SLI with as the graphics card isn't half bad.