fx 6300 and r9 280x vs core i5 4590 and r9 270x

Solution
Hey,
Intel setup IMO.

More:
It completely DEPENDS ON THE GAME which combo works better.

Some games like Skyrim and SC2 are easily bottlenecked by the CPU. Some other games like Tomb Raider are less so. It's also important to note the "LOW FPS" scores in addition to the averages as the weak single thread performance of the AMD CPU's tends more easily to create a sudden stutter due to the CPU being temporarily overwhelmed with code.

I recommend the INTEL combination however since it allows you to upgrade the graphics card later (or Crossfire a used R9-270X for cheap if Crossfire improves which it may) but the AMD setup will remain a bottleneck for many current games and in the near future due to the poor single-thread performance...

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014
the amd cpu and the 280x is better. Why dont you save up some more money and try getting i5 4590 with r9 280x or 290, or amd FX8350-70 with 280x-290? that whould be better for everything.

Hey,
Intel setup IMO.

More:
It completely DEPENDS ON THE GAME which combo works better.

Some games like Skyrim and SC2 are easily bottlenecked by the CPU. Some other games like Tomb Raider are less so. It's also important to note the "LOW FPS" scores in addition to the averages as the weak single thread performance of the AMD CPU's tends more easily to create a sudden stutter due to the CPU being temporarily overwhelmed with code.

I recommend the INTEL combination however since it allows you to upgrade the graphics card later (or Crossfire a used R9-270X for cheap if Crossfire improves which it may) but the AMD setup will remain a bottleneck for many current games and in the near future due to the poor single-thread performance.

Obviously you can replace the CPU but there are no good options aside from going Intel which then requires a new motherboard as well and reinstallation of Windows (W8 bought by yourself is transferable and W10 will be a free update to W7/W8 regardless).

(I don't think telling him to simply spend MORE MONEY is the best solution. He obviously has a budget.)

Solution

bibo151993

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014

thanks man i will go with intel however do you think getting r9 280x or gtx 960 as the last one has direct x 12 support also consumes less power