5450 Freeze vision engine control center

Michele95

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry in advantage for possible errors, i'm not English

My problem is releated with the 5450 and the vision engine control center. If i install this "extra" while the driver installation i obtain very strange freeze when i use the acceleration 3D in Windows (for exaple: if i open skype). This with the latest version's driver. If i try to install an older version the pc freeze during installation.

For use the VGA i have only 2 options:

1) Install the CCC (with latest drivers) and Disable Graphic acceleration

2) Don't install the CCC.

The freezes don't give any error report. And the PC still totally blocked, i can only restart the system from the button.

I have install this video card recently, bought from Amazon (so no strange site). The video card have just this problem, but without CCC i notice bad performance in game. So i want to install this extra (i feel this like fundamental). Apparently is just a problem of compatibility with the 3D acceleration graphics. I try to re-install the system without any result.

Graphics Card
- Sapphire 5450
- No overclocked

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- actually 14.9. 11.1 andd 12.3 give problem during installation.

Operating System
- Win 7 64bit SP1
- No other tested

CPU Details
- AMD Athleon X2 220
- no overclockedd

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
I have tested 2 different monitor, one full hd and other 16:10. Both give the problem. Tested only Vga connection, no HDMI.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- The pc is a PackardBell Imedia S1300, with an American Megatrend mobo.

Motherboard BIOS Version
- P01-A3 Bios. Previously i used the P01-A1 and the problem still exist.

System Memory Type & Amount
- 2x4gb 667Mhz, the productor is not displayed.

Power Supply
is a common 250W preinstall with the case. No wattage problem, cause the power supply is powerful enough.

Additional Details
- No virus problem.

- I have already tested other hardware device, no one give problem, only the GPU.

- The pc is pre-assembled with an integrated Nvidia Chipet on the MOBO.

P.s. For play games i need to abilitate 3D accelerated graphics, and in game i have no problem. Freeze are caused by software like skype, chrome (particulary with video player like YouTube) and some other that use hardwaree acceleration 3D.

ihog

Distinguished
Stick to AMD's site for now. Did you go here and manually enter your specs to get the driver download? http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

What driver version were you using?

Also, check here: https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards

It's recommended that you have a 300W PSU with 22A on the 12V rail. Can you take a picture of the following label on the PSU?

outputspecs.jpg

Michele95

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Yup, i have downloaded from this site and from the schedule of the 5450 on the sapphire's site.
I have calculated all the wattage of the pc, the video card generate a max of 35w. But... that's not the point.
the point is: How i can run max payne for hours and hours at 1024x768 with high details, and also using the acceleration without any freeze, but only skype can cause the freeze? I don't think the power supply is the problem, very less probability, you don't think? =/

ihog

Distinguished
Did you not understand the part where I said it's recommended that you have 22A on the 12V rail? That's independent of the wattage draw.

While it's not the most likely cause, if your PSU isn't what is recommended, you may run into problems down the line. I'm trying to rule things out.

Michele95

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
I apologize to you, I forgot to Write the Most Important thing. tomorrow I open the computer and do a photo of the label.
I expressed myself badly, I asked you if you did not seem strange that Max Payne (and much other games) use the GPU and the Hardware acceleration without any problem for hours. And have problems starting a program like Skype? I mean , I think a game using all of the power supply even more than skype.
But of course I can be wrong.

I 'll ask again sorry if I expressed myself badly . My language is very different from English. I could express myself so rude , but it's not what I want .

ihog

Distinguished
Haha, don't worry, because you weren't being rude; it seems you just misunderstood me. Sorry if I came as rude, as well.

But yes, I understood what you were saying. I tried to express that it's not likely that you're having power supply issues, but I want to be 100% sure before I start troubleshooting further.

Michele95

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Some other ideas? you think that it's possible that the GPU is damaged or something like this?
At me seems strange that only with the librarys used by the application, the pc freeze. It's not a problem of "all" the 3D accelerator. Only a part of him don't work like it should come.