600 watts : Is it enough

deathpro460

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Is 600 watts enough to power all of these?

Hardware : WD Blue 1TB, Logitech stereo speakers, Intel i5 4690k, asus strix gtx 970, cooler master hyper 212 evo, msi atx 970 gaming , Kingston hyperX fury 8gb, Kingston digital 120gb ssd

Pr3di

Honorable
1. What`s the PSU model name?
2. asus strix gtx 970 and msi atx 970 gaming - is the second meant to be a GPU as well? Or just a AMD motherboard that`s not compatible with your CPU?

Power wise - it`s enough if the PSU is a good brand and model.

deathpro460

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

I'd say avoid Corsair all together and get a Seasonic, Antec, EVGA G2 or Super Flower PSU. Just pick this one though:

Power Supply: Antec TruePower Classic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $74.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 04:54 EST-0500

Pr3di

Honorable
The Corsair RM 650W is a Tier 2 Class A PSU. This means it`s a decent PSU, and you can go with it.
Also, the mobo is a decent one, and you can use it.

@RCFProd - Corsair has a full range of PSUs. There`s no reason to ditch them for the low end ones. Can you also say that the AX series PSUs from them are to be avoided?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

The AX and HX series are actually really good but way above the price range of the others. At this price range I would avoid the Corsair PSU's. I hope that makes sense. I agree though, the 750w is not as bad as I make it out to be. The RM isn't bad either.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Since Newegg has sold it out, that's correct. Otherwise there would be a 25 dollar difference.

TRENDING THREADS