Does a 1155 socket CPU fit in LGA 775 Socket?

OmegaSnow

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
I think I already know the answer to this question: no.
But the real confusion comes when I tell you that mine somehow has.
I didn't know what model or make my motherboard was for some time, as it came with my original cheap desktop, I upgraded the old CPU a year ago to an Intel i5 1155 Socket, thinking nothing of it.
The CPU fit and has been working since. Today I have been looking a new motherboards to upgrade and got curious over what my old one was, turns out it is a Foxconn N15235 (http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/foxconn-n15235-motherboard-specifications-12242011t87/)
and has a LGA 775 socket!

Could someone explain this to me, could this have had any adverse effects on my system?
Could this be the reason my computer has been slow?

EDIT: Okay so thanks to everyone who replies, excuse my minor idiocy. Turns out for some reason N15235 is printed on the motherboard and when searched for online displays my mother board but with a 775 socket... Using smaller print I found on the bar code I searched again and it showed the correct 1155 socket motherboard.
Thanks and sorry again ( not sure you guys'll even be notified of my update.

Thanks for reading

No you must have an LGA 1155 to fit an LGA 1155 CPU. The numbers are literally the number of pins, so there is no possible way you could have fit a CPU with more pins into a socket with less pins. i.e. that motherboard is NOT the one you have.

NO they don't. You have found the WRONG motherboard. Read what the others are posting as well.....