i5 4440 vs Xeon 1231 v3 ??

dantran

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys ! i'm a newbie and i have a few questions.
Which CPU is better ? Also i can afford both of them but i want a intelligent chose and "Say no to wasted "
My work is Android Developer, Unity3d, edit photos and videos(sometime, but a hobbies).
The i5 and Xeon are same as 4 core speed, but i see Xeon has Hyper-Threading, I dont know what's it useful for my work ??
Thanks 4 reading every1 XD

The xeon 1231 v3 would be a better cpu if they are the same price as a i5 4440. The xeon is essentially an i7 without overclocking and integrated graphics.
The xeon will help with editing but if it is not important the i5 is a good comprise of performance for using money elsewhere in your build.

dantran

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
My main work is coding (and gaming hobbies) not about desi, i want to know what's multicore and hyperthread help ? And how can i know my programs is support multicore or hyper-thread XD i want to use my money wisdom you guy :D thanks for answer me

mlga91

Admirable
The xeon is around $50 bucks more expensive than that i5, since you'll be using the extra threads with those apps, i'd not say that is a waste, you'll give them a good use, have in mind that you'll need a dedicated video card with the xeon, since it doesn't has a integrated GPU.