Cant boot from CD or USB - IBM ThinkPad t41

Crazysealions

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Hello,

I am trying to resole the error "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card" and I found the resolution at this page : http://www.command-tab.com/2006/02/26/thinkpad-1802-error-fix/

I downloaded the ISO and burned it to a cd, set the boot device order in BIOS and it still would not boot from CD it would just go to the same error 1802 screen, I then tried the F12 to select CD drive but when I hit f12 it says loading boot options (or something similar) and then it just goes to a black screen and stays there. I decided to make a bootable usb with the image file using rufus, I selected my USB to be the first boot device, and it still wouldnt work, right back to the error so I tried f12 and it gives the same result (even with no usb or cd in the laptop i cant get into the boot menu (f12))

I have suspicion that the BIOS is messed up, I went into the bios and did f9 in every section and did load setup defaults, but still didnt help (however im not 100% it worked fully)

Any help is appreciated, thanks

How did you burn the ISO? When you look at the disk is it just the ISO file on there or do you see the expanded files? You could have a bad disk or a bad CD drive. If you burned the ISO properly as expanded files, try doing it again at a low speed like 2x or 4x and try again.