FX 8320 on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Solution
If you're still needing an answer, the revision 4 of this mobo (the one I have) comes ready to support the FX-8320 and FX-8350, no BIOS update required.

If you're still about to buy it, make sure to get Rev 4, previous ones had each their conflicting bugs here and there.

CDdude55

Distinguished
I own a 990FXA-UD3 board and i had to do a BIOS update to run my 8120. Granted that was a while ago, so i assume it should ship with an updated BIOS for the Vishera chips. Even if it's not, they make it super easy to update it. I just threw in the old chip again, put the BIOS on a flash drive and the utility does the rest.

Btw, the F9 BIOS is the BIOS that supports both the Bulldozer and Vishera chips, use CPU-Z and see if you already have it.

SubZed

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Generally speaking, when the board was made it most likely was before the cpu was published. I have not checked the specifications for this board but when there is an update for BIOS the manufacturer will update their boards. NOTE: if the website you are buying off of has old stock of this item, you may have to update the bios.

If you're still needing an answer, the revision 4 of this mobo (the one I have) comes ready to support the FX-8320 and FX-8350, no BIOS update required.

If you're still about to buy it, make sure to get Rev 4, previous ones had each their conflicting bugs here and there.

Solution