Need around a 400$ PC Gaming build

Kavinqt

Distinguished
This build is not for me It is for my cousin He already has a windows 7 disk Needs everything else except monitor mouse and keyboard any help is appreciated thanks :) This PC will be used to play mostly Smite and Planetside 2

Also We have a 560TI GPU left over from a pc I got for free with a cpu and a gpu in it I took out the gpu and Idk how old it is but it seems to be really loud but it runs fine Not sure if using it in a new build would be good or not any help on this too would be great ;) thanks

Solution

ykki

Honorable
The 560ti will do for now
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.93 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer ($12.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $385.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-07 20:32 EST-0500.
I suggest save $150 to $200 and get a good gpu later on.

Solution

Kavinqt

Distinguished

Thanks man that looks really really good I guess the 560TI will work for now.
Also wont we need some thermal paste?

Tanner Fredrickson

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
You'll only need new thermal paste if you replace the cooler. The cooler that comes with the i3 has decent enough paste pre-applied.

Never use a CPU without any thermal paste. Nothing is cool enough for that. If you scrape off the paste that comes pre-applied on the i3 cooler, your CPU will fry.

But yeah, that build is great for the price. And the GTX 560 Ti will work for now.

Kavinqt

Distinguished

So if I bought everything on the pcpartpicker you linked me it would come with pre applied thermal paste on the cooler? if so then I should never need to replace it or what? :p sorry Im a newb at this