i7 870 overheating

delladunday

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Alright so i got about a 5 year old system, and the stupid person i am has taken the cpu cooler off more than once its just the stock intel cpu cooler, anyway iv only recently been notified of having to reapply thermal paste every time so at the moment its like i have a dried up rice cracker in the anywho its been running hot like this for god knows how long about 99 centigrade per core im not sure of overall cpu temp anyway i haven't had problems like fatal cpu failure or anything and iv just ordered a hyper 212 evo for lols and to see if it would do anything im just wondering if any techsperts would know if it would do anything and the temps i should see after the new cooler and paste xD

Winly

Distinguished

you will def see better temps with the 212 EVO. Thats a great cooler. Make sure you apply that thermal paste good and install that 212 EVO correctly. You should be good.

ScienceMathsLover

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hyper 212 Evo can cool it easily. Sometimes during applying thermal paste small air bubbles remains in that layer causes more heat. Now you should take that cooler out. Then wipe the thermal paste that you installed before by a small smooth cotton cloth. Take it out correctly. Apply a new thick layer of thermal paste that come with hyper 212 Evo on the heatpipes that come contact with cpu. DON'T APPLY THERMAL PAGE ON CPU. Because it may spread near the socket and can damage the motherboard. Apply a thick layer and spread it on cooler accordingly. Then unnatural the cooler again tightly. After it whenever you will removing the cooler you have to install new layer of thermal paste.

TRENDING THREADS