£900/$1000 slim light gaming laptop

wijacoo

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
This laptop needs to be something I can take to all my classes so it'd be nice if it was light, sub 5 pounds (2.2kg) if possible but I play a few games so a dedicated graphics card would be great.
I'm from the Uk if that helps.
13-15" please.
Ive been looking at a Gs60 ghost from MSI and that looks good but I'm wondering about alternatives.
Thanks,
Will

Solution
Exactly the same laptop I was going to recommend, the GIGABYTE P34G V2 (the model with the i7 and the GTX 860m). This is the perfect choice for the gamer on the go in my opinion.

Its light and thin (about 1.7kg) decent battery life (light usage is about 6-7.5, gaming reduces that to 1.5 hours), 14" smack bang in the middle for size that you wanted, and also cool in the keyboard area even when gaming! (The bottom of it is still kinda hot tho so I don't recommend gaming on it with it on your lap). Nice VA panel display (very nice looking), plays games AWESOMELY well (plays Battlefield high-ultra settings around or even over 60fps) aaaaaaand still cheaper than the Razer Blade. The only thing I can say is that the build quality probably...

wijacoo

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

That's a bit too fat and heavy for me to lug around.
I was looking for something closer to 2kg than 3.

MLP_Bailey

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2014

vil_iam1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Exactly the same laptop I was going to recommend, the GIGABYTE P34G V2 (the model with the i7 and the GTX 860m). This is the perfect choice for the gamer on the go in my opinion.

Its light and thin (about 1.7kg) decent battery life (light usage is about 6-7.5, gaming reduces that to 1.5 hours), 14" smack bang in the middle for size that you wanted, and also cool in the keyboard area even when gaming! (The bottom of it is still kinda hot tho so I don't recommend gaming on it with it on your lap). Nice VA panel display (very nice looking), plays games AWESOMELY well (plays Battlefield high-ultra settings around or even over 60fps) aaaaaaand still cheaper than the Razer Blade. The only thing I can say is that the build quality probably isn't as good as the Razer Blade but its still pretty decent with a pretty good keyboard and touchpad, and metal on top and on the keyboard area, but the bottom is made of plastic. Its looks aren't that great but its performance for its size is phenomenal. A small price to pay for such a good laptop, I recommend it.

What games do you plan on playing? If they aren't too graphics intensive then the power this machine has might be a bit of overkill and you could get something that could run something you need at a cheaper price. But this laptop will play almost anything.

Solution

vil_iam1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I also recommend to MSI GE62, has a gtx 970m which is FREAKING AWESOME for a gaming laptop, better build quality and awesome multi-colour backlit keyboard :) Only problem is that its 2.4kg, crappy touchpad (or so I've heard) and a bit hotter. Can't really comment on the battery life tho.