FX-6300 Good Idling Temps

I've been looking at average temps for the FX-6300 and a lot of people are in the low 30's and I'm at 40 (idling temps). I don't have the best cable management but it's pretty clear and there's only 1 wire going by the CPU (the fan cable wasn't long enough to go behind). I'm using the stock cooler with 2 stock case fans. I'm not sure what "idling" is specifically but right now I have a YouTube video playing with 6 other tabs open. I also have skype and steam running in the background. When under load it tops out around 50- 52.

I have 3 questions:
1- What's a good idling temp?
2- What's a good temp under load?
3- Cheap way to lower temps?

Solution
Hey, flame! I'd be happy to help.

I would not worry so much about idling temps so much as long as your not exceeding your maximum temperature rating at 100% usage.

You can download CoreTemp and it will provide you with your TJ max (Max temp) for the CPU.

To improve temperature, make sure to clean out any dust in the computer, especially if you have any pets! If that doesn't work, you may want to consider upgrading your stock cooler to a high performance air cooler or perhaps a water cooler if your budget allows.

AMD FX series CPU's are known to run hot, I would not worry about it.

gloryofthesky

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hey, flame! I'd be happy to help.

I would not worry so much about idling temps so much as long as your not exceeding your maximum temperature rating at 100% usage.

You can download CoreTemp and it will provide you with your TJ max (Max temp) for the CPU.

To improve temperature, make sure to clean out any dust in the computer, especially if you have any pets! If that doesn't work, you may want to consider upgrading your stock cooler to a high performance air cooler or perhaps a water cooler if your budget allows.

AMD FX series CPU's are known to run hot, I would not worry about it.

Solution