840 Pro SSDs failing

Aloqla

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
my SSDs (which are setup as Raid0 for the past 3 years as secondary drives(No OS on it) ) are causing my OS to take forever to boot (even OS booting from CD or USB).
When i took it out and used it as external and plugged it on another computer, it didn't get recognized, heck..it didn't even attempt to recognize it.

Now, what i think caused this is one or more of the following:
- the SSDs in the past few months, kept disappearing and reappearing on my drives list, like they are disconnecting and reconnecting when the computer was running. this might damaged them if it was due to hardware disconnecting.
- a virus or maleware caused them to disappear/appear or is causing this whole mess.
- the SSDs simply died (they are Samsung 840 Pro if that would mean anything).

Any help in fixing the SSD or giving me chance to access it to recover some files before attempting any fix that would causing them to lose all files... would really be appreciated.

Thank you community! <3

if the ssd controler is bad you may have a paper weight right now. try plugging them into another pc and use the samasung tools to see if you can uodate the firmware or read them. one issue with ssd that will kill them is unlean power from a power supply to low or too high of an output will kill a ssd real quick. if you have a volt meter read the output on the power supply. also check if your unit is a good brand unit. you dont want to burn out new drives.

Aloqla

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015

How would i know if the controller is bad? I've plugged them as external to my other computer.
btw, in the original desktop they were connected to, they still show in the BIOS and recognized. it's just they are causing the booting to take forever..don't know why its related but the minute i disconnecting them the computer was fast and back to it's original glory.