i7-3770 bios update

ahmad dibo

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
hello guys i finally bout i7-3770 for my old mobo which is the p8-h61 asus

i did a reaserch on asus website about my mobo and it says i could pair it with 3d gen cpu which is the 3770 but i have to update my bios !

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61/HelpDesk_CPU/

i checked mine and it says , bios : 0602
the web say 3602 for i7-3770 , how the hell do i update the damn bios ?

i download it , put it in usb , but i dont know how to do the process

on side note , could this fail ?
i mean my mobo says support 2gen cpu , the i7-3770 is 3d gen , but the web says my mobo support the i7-3770

i bought the damn thing ! help me

Solution
I think that with F7 in BIOS you will enter Advanced Mode then go to last Tab in BIOS and there should be EZ-Flash.Run it Select USB drive and BIOS file and wait for it to finish Update.After Update is done restart PC boot into BIOS then reset Settings to Default and turn OFF PC.Unplag all cables discharge Motherboard by holding Power On button on Case for 10-15 sec and then swap CPU. Be gentle with cooler so you dont break mounting pins and same with CPU.Clean Old Thermal Paste, Put new one or if you gonna replace cooler with one you get with i7 there should be Paset On it.Mount it all together and job done.Plug all cables back in Boot into BIOS and do one more BIOS reset to Default Settings.Reset and Have a nice time with new CPU...

ahmad dibo

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

if you mean what cpu am using , then its pentium g850 , 2.9 core speed , its sandy bridge :/

am sorry for my stupidty this video seems to help

but i can't find the tool which you told me about , to start with :/

ashamed man i am ashamed , i really dont know to much about the whole bios thing :/

st3v30

Admirable
I think that with F7 in BIOS you will enter Advanced Mode then go to last Tab in BIOS and there should be EZ-Flash.Run it Select USB drive and BIOS file and wait for it to finish Update.After Update is done restart PC boot into BIOS then reset Settings to Default and turn OFF PC.Unplag all cables discharge Motherboard by holding Power On button on Case for 10-15 sec and then swap CPU. Be gentle with cooler so you dont break mounting pins and same with CPU.Clean Old Thermal Paste, Put new one or if you gonna replace cooler with one you get with i7 there should be Paset On it.Mount it all together and job done.Plug all cables back in Boot into BIOS and do one more BIOS reset to Default Settings.Reset and Have a nice time with new CPU.

Update: Download Lates BIOS that is P8H61 BIOS 4306 so it has all you need,so you dont have to Update later.

Solution

ahmad dibo

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

thanks alot mate , this seems alot easer than i thought , i will do it in the morning

though there is one thing left in my mind ,

" Boot into BIOS and do one more BIOS reset to Default Settings.Reset and Have a nice time with new CPU"

why do i have to do one more bios and reset to default , if i just finished updating at the first step ?

and thanks

ahmad dibo

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

thanks mate ! , that seems intersting , if only i could understand that information
my english doesnt help me much , i wish there's a video so i could just put the laptop next to me and work on the pc

thanks so much for your replay : )

st3v30

Admirable

After you Update BIOS reset Settings so it can set all stock one for new CPU so that there wont be any wrong voltages or other settings what can harm your performance in some cases happens that Voltages get set to High without knowing so you will get abnormal temps or you can damage parts.BIOS reset to Default is easy and fast you dont have to worry about it ,best way to keep BIOS on safe side.

ahmad dibo

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

got it , thanks alot