970? MSI? EVGA? Other? Need help with choosing.

BanaanVSaap

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

I want to buy a new GTX 970...

But what brand do i need to choose? Because i want to get the max performance out of it (Under 370 Euro's)

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Sidney

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I don't own one myself but i've seen a few posts from people that the MSI doesn't have a backplate so tends to sag. I'm not sure if the newer ones have been sorted - maybe something to look into.

Edit: I'd stay away from XFX - i see a lot of cards and a lot of people moaning about fan whine on them. I tend to always go with asus/sapphire.

ZeroGravity780

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I have the msi which indeed does not come with a backplate and does have minimal sag, nothing to be concerned about. Also comes with free overclocking software that is warranted by MSI if something happens while using their software. Also comes with FPS, GPU, and CPU in game monitoring software called rivatuner. its very nice and convenient when monitoring your temps and such. Plus i think its the best looking card out of all of them and its super quiet.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Personally I like the gigabyte cards. I have the G1 gaming 980s and they are good. The backplate keeps it from sagging (albeit I removed mine to get cooler temps and suspended the sides to prevent sag). You'll get a nice factory OC from the cards, rivaled by probably only 1-2 other cards.

Only thing I can say is if you are planning to go with multiple cards (more than 2) down the road, the reference card may be something to consider as that fan will serve you better.