i5-4440 and gtx 970 asus strix

mathew1993

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
hello mates !

my mother board : h81-plus asus
cpu : i5-4440
gpu ( for now ) : gt 630 4gb asus
PSU : fsb hexa+ 500w ( its new i bought 2 days ago )

i order gtx 970 asus strix , and i want to know is paring it with an i5-4440 is good idea ?
but first :

i am playing on 1024p , i read its above 720p by a tiny tainy diffrence
so is it okay to keep my cpu , or should i upgrade to i7 ? if the resloution i am playing at requir
an i7 , then hell i might buy one , but if my i5-4440 is good enough , that would be awsome !

am planing to play : assassin creed unity , shadow of mordo , grand theif auto v , and watch dog

what do you guys think ? i know the gpu will be enough to play em at max , but would i need to upgrade ?

note : i wont change my monitor

thanks in advance

Solution
less resolution make more cpu dependent..play at higher resolution, will be more GPU dependent..

cpu act to command to whole of the system, and feed raw data to graphic card. and graphic card refine raw data from processor, and display it to your monitor.
Some games that do a lot math for physic (and not supported by CUDA), cpu has a main role to calculate it..

yes, if you play at lower resolution, fps will be faster..
but, with your combo (i5 - 4440 + GTX 970), you'll be able to play any games available in the market today at highest setting in 1080p..

the second one , my mobo is not new and its not old ( 4gen and shit ) , do i have to update bios or something since the gtx 970 is pcie 3.0 ?
No, just plug your card and play...

mathew1993

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

thanks for the replay mate

though just to make sure , i went to game-debate and saw watch dogs requriment for cpu and it says mine is only 75% , it's messing 25%
is that still okay ? or are those requrmient way higher than real life gaming ?

thanks in advance ( and no i can't try the game first :( , i dont want to buy it and have a low fsp , that would just break me :D _

mathew1993

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

well you seems like you know what your talking about , so i'll pair it !

though there's two thing on my mind :
the first one : do cpu act the same as gpu , when it come to 1080 and 720p etc ...
i mean an i5-4440 would have more fps on 720p than 1080 right ?
( i prefer preformance 'fps' on quality )

the second one , my mobo is not new and its not old ( 4gen and shit ) , do i have to update bios or something since the gtx 970 is pcie 3.0 ?

thanks again , your such life saver

Quaddro

Distinguished
less resolution make more cpu dependent..play at higher resolution, will be more GPU dependent..

cpu act to command to whole of the system, and feed raw data to graphic card. and graphic card refine raw data from processor, and display it to your monitor.
Some games that do a lot math for physic (and not supported by CUDA), cpu has a main role to calculate it..

yes, if you play at lower resolution, fps will be faster..
but, with your combo (i5 - 4440 + GTX 970), you'll be able to play any games available in the market today at highest setting in 1080p..

No, just plug your card and play the games..:)

Solution