You've probably seen it 100 times. Or more. Freezing Issues

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
Hello all,

First off Im new, so I dont really know where to put this. After countless hours of searching for an answer, and multiple websites, I find myself back here. Here is whats up.

My computer is freezing usually when playing games, but sometimes it does it when just reading a webpage or even just sitting idle. When I mean freeze I mean FREEZE, does nothing, no BSoD, no weird noises, nothin, just whatever is on the screen is there. No Control Alt Delete no nothin, nada, zip.

I dont believe the issue is overheating because my case has 7 fans in it and their all cleaned regularly. I have installed all updates to all the hardware that is available and still have this issue. I had a "OEM" copy of windows installed on the computer at one point in time but recently upgraded because it was freezing then too. So, with that being said, here are my specs.

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955
Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (7-7-7-16)

Motherboard
MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 770-C45 (MS-7599) (CPU 1)

Graphics
Acer V193W (1440x900@60Hz)
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (MSI)

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 ATA Device (SATA)

I have new Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568

and a new Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127769

coming tomorrow that I am going to put in because quite frankly my current card is old and just isnt cutting it anymore. What I need to know is what else to do? I just need to find out why my computer is freezing at random. I've done the furmark burn in test and Ive done the memory tests, grant it, the mem test only lasted about 20 minutes before the computer froze, but as I said before, it can be sitting here idle for a half hour or 2 hours and when I go to get on it its frozen.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

My PSU is an Antec EA-550 Platinum 80+

also, what do you want me to run another of?

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

No I havent messed with it. I just got my new ram today and was jacked to find out it wont work because my mobo is 16gb max but 4gb per slot, so i requested an RMA and ordered 4-4gb sticks instead.

As far as the power supply I am not sure what you mean. I dont know jack about the different cables and ends.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Well I put my new video card in havent had any freezing problems since. I noticed that the fan on the my original video card was packed full of crap on the one side.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Well a few days after I put the new card in it started its crap again. I then learned from the BSoD's that my bios is out of date by 6 years and that there have been about 20 something updates for it. However, I am not comfortable at all at tweeking with stuff in the bios. I know if you screw something up the computer is toast.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

I actually flashed it last night using M-Flash. It was really simple to do and I was quite suprised.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Well I did the bios update and all has been well, (no crashes, no BSoD's no bullcrap). As far as the video card I aint really noticing much of a difference over the original Radeon HD 4670 I had. The hunting game I play I now can turn the multisample anti aliasing and the and the anisotropic filtering all the way with absolutely 0 lag over the little bit of lag I would get with the 4670. I have been playing Tera Rising but I am not able to tell a difference with that game. Maybe its just me though. I now need to figure out why my system is running slower than it was with the more Ram. I went from 4gb of ram to 16 gb and it seems to be running slower than before. Not sure if the Ram is getting the right voltage to it or whats goin on.

Turks8806

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015

Yea I updated the bios a couple days ago and I was rather suprised how simple it was to do. Simply put a usb stick with the new bios on it in and start it up in cmos menu select M-Flash and boom boom its done.