Over 2500 mb/s READ/WRITE on Samsung 840 EVO

Mamborambo

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
So, I was just wondering if I have gotten the worlds best SSD by accident? Or the small possibility that the values are off by a couple of thousands.

As you guys maybe know, the 840 should have READ/WRITE below 550 mb/s. Are the high values a warning sign? I have done the benchmarking at several different occasions, weeks apart.

It's just a couple of months old.

Solution
Looks like you turned on Rapid Mode. That increases sequential benchmarks results by a ridiculous amount. I personally haven't seen much actual performance increases, but it's supposed to increase performance of much-used applications by using some of your RAM as a cache for the SSD.

Anyway, your SSD is behaving as intended, it's not dying ;)

Vexillarius

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Looks like you turned on Rapid Mode. That increases sequential benchmarks results by a ridiculous amount. I personally haven't seen much actual performance increases, but it's supposed to increase performance of much-used applications by using some of your RAM as a cache for the SSD.

Anyway, your SSD is behaving as intended, it's not dying ;)

Solution

Vexillarius

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Sequential speeds measure top speed, which is skewed with Rapid Mode on because it's really measuring RAM speed as well. You'd be very hard pressed to find a situation where your SSD will actually read/write at 2GB+. In most applications actual read/write speeds will be as they were without Rapid Mode, and a bit higher if you use the application a lot and Magician cached it in RAM.