$400 Budget Build, Sentey GS 6008 vs. Corsair 200r

sdage8

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Any thoughts or improvements for my budget build? I'd like to stay around $400 exactly. I already have a 500GB Seagate HDD and an optical drive.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q3DXpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q3DXpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($131.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($37.99 @ NCIX US)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($27.87 @ Amazon)
Total: $372.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-08 01:14 EST-0500

with this case: http://www.amazon.com/Sentey-Gs-6008-Stealth-Gaming-Computer/dp/B00PWM49G2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top#Ask

I was wondering if a Corsair 200r would be better. How much better would the Corsair be in terms of performance against the Sentey? If it was a huge margin then I would consider it more, but for now the aesthetics of it just does not look appealing. I was also going to overclock and I didn't want to buy aftermarket fans and the Sentey comes with 4 fans. I was kind of against the Corsair as it looks plain and ugly (imho) and the Sentey would match my blue keyboard and blue mouse. But, I'd like to hear some opinions about it. Thanks for any help guys!

Solution
Stay away from Sentey, Raidmax, Apevia, Logisys, HEC, etc. Junk cases definitely not worth what you pay for them. They generally have no cable management, poor build quality, and are limited in features such as maximum CPU cooler height, max GPU length, removable drive bays, rear facing drive bays, dust filters, cooling options, etc. If you want a case that matches your color scheme look for a windowed one and add some LED fans or a LED light strip to it.

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
That build is great, now all you got to do to make that run games pretty good is get an aftermarket cooler (212 evo) and overclock that pentium because it is known for great overclocking. And you don't need aftermarket fans to overclock, in fact you don't even need to get a new cooler to oc, the stock fan can get up to 4.2Ghz

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Now I forgot to ask this, but what is your use of this machine going to be for; gaming, browsing, editing?
The Sentey is not better nor worse than the Corsair, but it does offer a bit more detail and more fans.

sdage8

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Oh yea I forgot. I'm going to be using this for games like LoL and Hearthstone, but also other games I might happen to pick up (I don't really have any in mind atm). Also for browsing and coding but not editing or anything like such. I'm also still very conflicted over the the two cases. I'm leaning for towards the Sentey but I've heard a lot of good things about the Corsair.

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

If it s for that, then you should be perfectly fine. The Corsair is just a sleek and modern case with good airflow, but the Sentey does have one issue the Corsair doesn't: Cable management.
Behind the motherboard compartment there is no space for cables, so beware of that.

sdage8

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Hmm, so what would you recommend personally? I just though the case looked nice because i matched my mouse and keyboard, all with blue LED lights. But how much will the cable management issue interfere with the performance of the computer, especially after overclocking? Will the 4 fans (with cable management issues) benefit over the 2 fans of the Corsair (no cable management issues) and make up for the cable management issues. Also, how will I be able to connect 4 fans to my mobo, do I just connect them to my PSU directly or do I need some kind of adapter.

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

There are adapters for the fans for like 3$. And as long as the chords are not in the way interfering with airflow, the Sentey's management will not impact your performance at all, just the looks.

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Personally if the LEDs match your mouse and keyboard (I do the same thing too!) then go with the Sentey, because cable management won't affect performance and I would rather have matching components :D

Zachary Reed

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

I did a lot more studying and found out that the Corsair doesn't even have good airflow, so if you haven't already the Sentey is the best choice (trust me, if you make a mistake buying the wrong case it will suck :) )

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Stay away from Sentey, Raidmax, Apevia, Logisys, HEC, etc. Junk cases definitely not worth what you pay for them. They generally have no cable management, poor build quality, and are limited in features such as maximum CPU cooler height, max GPU length, removable drive bays, rear facing drive bays, dust filters, cooling options, etc. If you want a case that matches your color scheme look for a windowed one and add some LED fans or a LED light strip to it.

Solution