i7 4770 non k temps

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hi, I have a new gaming pc. My cpu is a Intel i7 4770 (non k) with stock cooler. I think is a good cpu but what really worry me is my temps.

40 ºC - 45 ºC on iddle
73 ºC - 78 ºC while playing games like BF4 or Dragon Age Inquisition.

Is this temps are okay? I mean, I play this games like 3 hours per day and in the weekends like 6h per day.

Solution
The Hyper 103 has a 90mm fan and will be louder but a bit cooler than the 212 evo (120mm fan). Ask for the 212 evo (the link from before was wrong, sorry, a 212 plus is not as good as the 212evo).

You could test it by unplugging the two upper case fans, if the temps are getting higher or not.

the front and back fan shouldn´t be disconnected

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

To be honest I was using MSI Afterburner so I think the temps registered are for the cores and not from the Tcase which, based in what I read on the forum, is lower than the cores.

The things that generates more heat in my PC are my i7 4770, my gigabyte gtx 970 g1, and my 2X8 hyper x ram.

I'm also worried about the noise, right now I have 4 cooler master fans (the cheap standard ones, they are like $5), all of them are 120mm. One on the bottom-front as intake, one top-rear as exhaust, and the other two at the top as exhaust.

The noise level a bit notorious. Is not like a hair dryer (maybe the fact that now my pc is in a smaller room makes the noise louder). I think adding another fan for the cpu cooler will make more noise and buying other fans is not an option because in my country there are only cooler master and thermaltake ($5-$10) fans.

Another fan wouldn´t be necessary.
If the temps are from the cores, thats fine for the boxed cooler.

coolermaster has some very good coolers like:
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-plus/
don´t just replace the fan, I meant the whole heatsink with fan ;)

Which case do you use? This cooler would need 158.5mm of space between case and CPU

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

I have a Cooler Master Elite 430, I was thinking in the Cooler Master Hyper 103 cpu cooler ($30 in my local store).

What about the noise, can I do something? these are my options for fans http://www.memorykings.com.pe/listados/235/refrigeracion-para-case

With the cpu cooler installed, should I remove a fan to avoid the noise?

The Hyper 103 has a 90mm fan and will be louder but a bit cooler than the 212 evo (120mm fan). Ask for the 212 evo (the link from before was wrong, sorry, a 212 plus is not as good as the 212evo).

You could test it by unplugging the two upper case fans, if the temps are getting higher or not.

the front and back fan shouldn´t be disconnected

Solution

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Thanks for the answer buy I think I will get the Hyper 103. The evo is nos available in mi country. There are other cpu coolers but are more expensive and are bigger and will not fit my case or will be to close to my ram.
I read some reviews about the Hyper 103 and it look that will be more than ok for my i7-4770 non k.
Thanks for the help!