Looking to buy Color Laser printer for home use

I'm sick of inkjets, but i'm really newbie in laser printers sphere... :ange:

Maybe here's people who could give me advice?

Up to this day, i used HP, which made me to hate inkjets so bad...

I'm looking color laser printer speed isn't really key, but i don't want to wait whole week (if you know what i mean)...

Quality: Acceptable (i don't need something like 1 pixel accuracy)...

And i would like it had scanner, but if it dosen't i can live with it...

Price is really key for me, i want to spend max 140 eur or 160 usd.
15 answers Last reply
More about buy color laser printer home
  1. Dell. They have a couple of color lasers in your price range.

    I have a Dell 3100cn, 7+ years old. Have printed about 5,000 pages through it, and have only had to replace the black toner cartridge so far.
  2. what do think about Samsung Xpress Wireless Laser Color Printer (C410W)
  3. Donce said:
    what do think about Samsung Xpress Wireless Laser Color Printer (C410W)


    No specific experience with that, but the Amazon reviews are less than glowing.
  4. use one at your workplace and reimburse them for the pages you print. at my office, our (my) cost is around $0.15 per page of colour. i no longer own a printer at home - just not worth the trouble.
  5. What does mean less than glowing? It's not that good?
  6. giantbucket said:
    use one at your workplace and reimburse them for the pages you print. at my office, our (my) cost is around $0.15 per page of colour. i no longer own a printer at home - just not worth the trouble.


    With my Dell, my costs so far are about 1/2 that. $375 total costs, not incl paper. Printer ($330) + one replacement cart ($45), 4500 pages printed. 7+ years.
    $0.83 per page.

    If we include paper at todays price...4500 sheets = $45. So that brings the total price per page to $0.93 per page.

    But more and more, I use OneNote as a print target...:)
  7. Donce said:
    What does mean less than glowing? It's not that good?


    Less than glowing = "I would not buy that printer"
  8. USAFRet said:
    giantbucket said:
    use one at your workplace and reimburse them for the pages you print. at my office, our (my) cost is around $0.15 per page of colour. i no longer own a printer at home - just not worth the trouble.


    With my Dell, my costs so far are about 1/2 that. $375 total costs, not incl paper. Printer ($330) + one replacement cart ($45), 4500 pages printed. 7+ years.
    $0.83 per page.

    If we include paper at todays price...4500 sheets = $45. So that brings the total price per page to $0.93 per page.

    But more and more, I use OneNote as a print target...:)


    4500 pages of color on one $45 cartridge? that's a penny per page in color. not likely.
  9. giantbucket said:
    USAFRet said:
    giantbucket said:
    use one at your workplace and reimburse them for the pages you print. at my office, our (my) cost is around $0.15 per page of colour. i no longer own a printer at home - just not worth the trouble.


    With my Dell, my costs so far are about 1/2 that. $375 total costs, not incl paper. Printer ($330) + one replacement cart ($45), 4500 pages printed. 7+ years.
    $0.83 per page.

    If we include paper at todays price...4500 sheets = $45. So that brings the total price per page to $0.93 per page.

    But more and more, I use OneNote as a print target...:)


    4500 pages of color on one $45 cartridge? that's a penny per page in color. not likely.


    It came with 4 toner carts. Black, and 3 color. I have had to replace only the Black, for $45.
    The other 3 are still reporting around 40-50% capacity.

    And I've done quite a few full page color prints.
  10. oh, ok. but "quite a few" is not 4,500. ;)

    back to the at-home color laser, i wonder how "affordable" each replacement color would be for a $160 printer. and how well would the colors line up on a low-cost device like that. actually, i just checked the PCMag review and it's around $55 per color cartridge. ouch.
  11. giantbucket said:
    oh, ok. but "quite a few" is not 4,500. ;)

    back to the at-home color laser, i wonder how "affordable" each replacement color would be for a $160 printer. and how well would the colors line up on a low-cost device like that. actually, i just checked the PCMag review and it's around $55 per color cartridge. ouch.


    Well, no. Not 4,500 full page pictures for photo use. It is used for regular printing tasks (mostly text), as well as a few hundred full page color images. And color presentations, etc.
    As most people would use it.
    But total print volume was about 4500 pages, last time I checked.

    When my printer was new, replacement carts from Dell were $75. When I needed to replace one, it had dropped to $45. If I wanted to try an off-brand replacement, it would have been less.

    If I wanted/needed a printer for full page color, all the time, every time, for photo work....an inkjet. I have a very good inkjet, and the photo output is much better than the laser. But the laser is far better for text/charts/etc. And far, far cheaper.

    If I had tried to do that print volume with my inkjets, I'd be broke.
    My previous nice inkjet (Epson) was $80 for a full replacement set of ink carts. Lasting maybe 300 pages. And I even tried a CIS system. It eventually peed ink all over the stand it was on...:(
  12. How about refills, i found some in germany that costs only 1eur for refill bottle and 9 for shipping?
  13. Donce said:
    How about refills, i found some in germany that costs only 1eur for refill bottle and 9 for shipping?


    Laser toner refills? Wait until you get close to needing it.
    I just bought the actual Dell.

    I had less than good results with aftermarket inkjet refills.
  14. Less than good means?
  15. Donce said:
    Less than good means?


    'Less than good' = it printed like crap.
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Hewlett Packard Color Laserjet Laser Printer Printers